Page 1 of 1

Slack As - Official Launch today!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:28 am
by Cow!
Yep. This is it. Finally Slack As is ready to plug. It took a little longer than anticipated for us to get this one up and running, but it is (mostly) up and running now.

Those of you who may have followed the link in my .sig will notice the additions around the page. Those of you who have no clue who I am missed all the build up stuff! Don't worry tho as most of the goods are all there for your viewing pleasure now.

Slack As has a tag line of "Trying Hard.. To Take it Easy." as it is mostly a very (very) fictionalised version of our lives as we try to keep things as fun, lazy, and uncomplicated as possible.

So, you know.. go read and stuff.

"Have a laugh at our expense."

All feedback appreciated.

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:23 pm
by Collapse
Good art... but it's not funny.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:58 am
by Spriteville, USA
Gotta agree with Collapse on this one. Your artwork is quite good. The style while not entirely unique is clearly developed. The pictures were pretty and I enjoyed looking at them, definitly talent there.

Unfortuantly your humor is lacking. I read all the comics and there was a smile here or there becuse I believe I am your target audience. I spent an entire year with 2 people similar to characters from the strip. I am your average gamer/geek. Unfortuantly while being your target audience you fell short. There is very little here that is any different from any other comic. This is Penny-Arcade with better visuals, only not as entertaining and certainly not going to make you as much money. Work on your humour or maybe work with someone else who does the writing and try to be more original in your concept that the average gamer strip and you will certainly go far.