Of Something and Nothing in Particular

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ohemgee
Regular Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:06 am
Location: Lala land
Contact:

Of Something and Nothing in Particular

Post by Ohemgee »

I'm afraid it's only twenty comics :( .
This is a smaller version of a comic:
Image
It's mostly about these two teenagers, Kim, and Monica, and they (eventually) will have wacky adventures, accompanied by Helk, a ...something.

I update thursdays and saturdays, and I've already drawn many comics so even if I get sick or something, updates shall continue. There isn't much of a plot now, but there will be. It's already been drawn.

the site is http://osanip.comicgenesis.com. I'd love to know what you guys think :) [/url]
Image
Though not universally, squares are widely regarded as having an even number of sides that has been conjectured by experts in the field to be approximately four.

User avatar
Adobedragon
Regular Poster
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:08 am
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Post by Adobedragon »

Heh. Your comic is cute and quirky. I like Helk's ambiguity and there are points where the comic is quite funny. Like <a href="http://osanip.comicgenesis.com/d/20070825.html">here</a>, where Helk is easily amused with technology. Or the dangers of <a href="http://osanip.comicgenesis.com/d/200707 ... ">blurting out Harry Potter spoilers.</a> Or this <a href="http://osanip.comicgenesis.com/d/20070712.html">one</a>, that makes fun of "Don't Go There."

I like the simplicity of the drawing style. I would, however, suggest that you work in a little more detail on the backgrounds to give the humor more context. Now that you've passed the 20-page hurdle, you might think about adding bonus pages-Cast, Archive--etc. to dress up your site.

Best of luck and keep drawing.

Cheers.
Image -- When in Doubt, Cheat

User avatar
Ohemgee
Regular Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:06 am
Location: Lala land
Contact:

Post by Ohemgee »

I'm glad you like it :D and working on my backgrounds is now on my to do list, thank you for your feedback

The banner *is* actually the navigation bar, and clicking on the characters brings you to the archives, cast, and 'about'. I was wondering if it was too unclear, but I will label those now. :)
Image
Though not universally, squares are widely regarded as having an even number of sides that has been conjectured by experts in the field to be approximately four.

User avatar
Adobedragon
Regular Poster
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:08 am
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Post by Adobedragon »

Ohemgee wrote:The banner *is* actually the navigation bar, and clicking on the characters brings you to the archives, cast, and 'about'. I was wondering if it was too unclear, but I will label those now.
Ah, I see. Yeah...seeing as how I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, that's way too subtle for me.
Image -- When in Doubt, Cheat

User avatar
Datachasers
Regular Poster
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:54 am
Location: in hell ( pheonix AZ )
Contact:

Post by Datachasers »

adobedragon wrote:
Ohemgee wrote:The banner *is* actually the navigation bar, and clicking on the characters brings you to the archives, cast, and 'about'. I was wondering if it was too unclear, but I will label those now.
Ah, I see. Yeah...seeing as how I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, that's way too subtle for me.
i didnt catch that eather -
i think perhaps lables or buttons would be best ( silly brains we dont need those *toss* )

PS i do like this comic **** ( color would make it a four + star )
Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat.
-- R. Heinlein
Image
Image

Post Reply