IVstudios LLC

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

IVstudios LLC

Postby IVstudios on Fri May 29, 2009 6:18 pm

About two months ago I was laid off from my job at the theatre.

So, in an attempt to make the best out of a bad situation I signed up for some self employment classes, hoping to get into doing some freelance Illustration and Graphic Design. To make it official I registered as a Limited Liability Company. That's right, as of today IVstudios is officially a small business! :D

Now all I have to worry about is taxes and accounting and marketing and trying to get some clients… D:
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Re: IVstudios LLC

Postby Prettysenshi on Fri May 29, 2009 8:09 pm

I wish you the best of luck for your new upstart company :D It may be hard right now to start a business, but whatever! Everyone could use a lil optimism right now.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Sun May 31, 2009 12:51 pm

XD XD Awesome, IV! Good luck! :D :D
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby McDuffies on Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Yo! Good luck!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Toxic on Sun May 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Way to go! Let me know how it works out for you, I'm also considering the self-employment route.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby IVstudios on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. :D

Toxic wrote:Way to go! Let me know how it works out for you, I'm also considering the self-employment route.

If you do go the self employment rout, I can already recommend taking self employment classes. They've helped me a lot. I don't know if you're working now or what, but if you ever end up on Unemployment look into the SEA program. You get to take the classes for free. (If I remember right you live in NJ? I don't know if it's available in other States)
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Toxic on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:16 pm

IVstudios wrote:Thanks for the encouragement everyone. :D

Toxic wrote:Way to go! Let me know how it works out for you, I'm also considering the self-employment route.

If you do go the self employment rout, I can already recommend taking self employment classes. They've helped me a lot. I don't know if you're working now or what, but if you ever end up on Unemployment look into the SEA program. You get to take the classes for free. (If I remember right you live in NJ? I don't know if it's available in other States)

I am very unemployed right now, if anyone has any good job leads I'm good at a lot of stuff! I live in California, so I'm sure there's some sort of equivalent?
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby IVstudios on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 am

I'm not sure about CA, but if you're on unemployment you can do down to the Unemployment Office and ask if they have and Self Employment programs. If not I'm sure you can take some at a local Community College. But that probably won't be free.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Return to Off Topic