Where are they now?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero

Post by Turnsky »

War's very scarce these days, even less so on the chat...

i think merc's taken the fight out of him or something :P
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

He hates most of the board and only resurfaces to make fun of someone. We can all sympathize, I think.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Post by Noise Monkey »

even still, it'd be nice if he drew something every once in a while...

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

Noise Monkey's post reminds me that Chaos Cricket's been awfully scarce lately, too.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Post by Noise Monkey »

He got married. And he's a teacher.

And an insufferable prick.

Just kidding on the last one. I doubt he'll ever come back here, though. I gave up on asking him to.

Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Grabmygoblin »

last I heard, Yarpsdat was eaten by Maple Story.
Image for all the returnees.
This makes me nostolgic...

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

I missed that and Battle Royale by a mere month or two :( .

But I recognize most of the people in there so that makes up for it.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I remember that. I wasn't here yet, but someone was still trying to convince me to get an account here.

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

That bastard ruined your life.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

yeahduff wrote:That bastard ruined your life.
Damn straight!

Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!

Post by Komiyan »

Noise Monkey wrote:even still, it'd be nice if he drew something every once in a while...
He drew in the election thread, and it was glorious.

Lunar
Regular Poster

Post by Lunar »

Komiyan wrote:
Noise Monkey wrote:even still, it'd be nice if he drew something every once in a while...
He drew in the election thread, and it was glorious.
And if what I understand about War is true saying stuff like that usually results in a pencil through the frontal lobe and a quick sketch coloured with the resulting pool of gray matter when you least expect it.

Although I'll admit most of my information about War comes from heresay and his wiki entry...

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

War shows up every once in a while to bless us with boobs. count those blessings!
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nanda »

cjburgandy wrote:War shows up every once in a while to bless us with boobs. count those blessings!
One and Two?
Image Image

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Mercury Hat wrote:I missed that and Battle Royale by a mere month or two :( .

But I recognize most of the people in there so that makes up for it.
Ah sweet old times when I wasn't a regular orange cat yet.
I noticed that I visit forums less than I used to as well... I come here and skip half of threads because they are talking about new superhero movie or games or some other thing that doesn't interest me at all... Sometimes it feels like nothing interesting is happening, but then I get the feeling that we're not trying to make things interesting as much... Sincirely, 90% of interesting things on forums these days are coming from Nervous Spy, and what are other people doing? I always wonder whether it's the forum or I'm just growing old and grumpy.

Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tellurider »

Nah, I've been here a year and a half or something and I'm feeling like the boards aren't as fun as they used to be. I think that people are getting older and graduating and starting new things a lot and there's not a lot of snazzy new blood in here (except Nervous Spy, obviously) to make up for it.
updates Thursdays

Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I think the community is fine right now.

I think it's been awhile since we've had that special mixture of time and talent that allows for spontaneous jams and general fun, but we're also dramarama-free. if you want to see more cartoons, draw cartoons! a couple jams started a few weeks ago but fizzled because participation quickly dropped off.

I have expressed concern from time to time that we've become hostile towards each other and towards newcomers, and I'm not getting that vibe right now, so I'm happy.

edit: I get the feeling that many talented members left because they felt pressured by the praise to create and burned themselves out. I'd rather have you all posting without expending great effort to craft masterpiece community pictures than not posting at all!!
Last edited by Grabmygoblin on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

I'll fight anyone who says we're hostile!

Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ahaugen »

ryclaude wrote:I'll fight anyone who says we're hostile!
You're hostile!! *prepares for battle*
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Post by IVstudios »

I do think that is has gotten much duller around here compared to when I first joined. Personally I blame the splitting up of the forum into overly-specific sections. When I started there only like 5 or so sections: GD, Help Center, TTT, (I can't remember if OT was around when I started or if it came later), KinIME was up in the main group if I recall, and one or two others. Now there are 9 in the main section plus the 3 "Hosted Communities."

The forums has been divided up too much. It used to be most everything went into GD, so you would get a much higher concentration of people and thusly a higher concentration of interesting threads. Yah you would also get a lot more dumb or uninteresting threads as well, but it wasn't hard to distinguish between the interesting stuff and the crap. Now everything is so divided up and spread out that finding interesting stuff means searching through 5 different sections, and few people want to take the time to do that (I know I don't), especially if they're only taking a few minutes on their lunch break to skim through the forum.

I know the idea was to make things more organized so it would be easier for people to find topics that interest them, but it seems to have had the opposite affect.

It also seems that the number of totally random threads has dropped because when people start them they tend to get yelled at for post whoring. Some of those random post whore threads were the most fun ones. It's case of trying to over engineer everything. The fun semi-chaose has been given up for dull pseudo-order.