Doomsday and the New Dimension
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Doomsday and the New Dimension
Scientists continue their efforts to destroy mankind
Next year a particle accelerator will turn on with hopes of creating miniature versions of the big bang. It could create miniature black holes, lead to breakthroughs in the study of dark energy (of which there's really little knowledge at the moment), and perhaps open up new dimensions we weren't previously aware of.
I for one am not too eager to make Parallel Dementia a reality (much as I love the comic.)
Next year a particle accelerator will turn on with hopes of creating miniature versions of the big bang. It could create miniature black holes, lead to breakthroughs in the study of dark energy (of which there's really little knowledge at the moment), and perhaps open up new dimensions we weren't previously aware of.
I for one am not too eager to make Parallel Dementia a reality (much as I love the comic.)
A man with nothing to offer and nothing to lose.
- 834n
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1831
- Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:38 pm
- Location: A City of Rock and Roll
- Contact:
Well shit. Now I need to stock up on holy weapons.
"crucial question of how matter was created at the birth of the universe"
"Dr Cox dismissed worries that by adventuring into the unknown and creating tiny black holes, the machine could even destroy the planet."
I don't care where matter came from enough to risk DESTROYING THE PLANET!
"crucial question of how matter was created at the birth of the universe"
"Dr Cox dismissed worries that by adventuring into the unknown and creating tiny black holes, the machine could even destroy the planet."
I don't care where matter came from enough to risk DESTROYING THE PLANET!
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:
As I was telling Ben on AIM, unless they're so high above our dimension that they can't detect us (like we can't see less than two), things in higher dimensions would already be aware of us. So it's possible that they're already screwing with our lives and this experiment will just tell us how
.
That is, of course, outside of the idea of them simply creating a planet-destroying black hole.
That is, of course, outside of the idea of them simply creating a planet-destroying black hole.
A man with nothing to offer and nothing to lose.
- Grabmygoblin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4062
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm
- RemusShepherd
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2011
- Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
- Contact:
Now, there's a benefit to this. One way to work the equations is that whenever a black hole is created, it also creates a new universe. This could be part of the life cycle of universes -- incubate life so intelligent that they learn how to create baby universes, and the little people destroy themselves helping the universe reproduce, no one will really care. 
- Grabmygoblin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4062
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm
- CaptainClaude
- Witty British President
- Posts: 5647
- Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
- Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
- Contact:
well if they get that far, it's more likely the portal will lead directly into his bathroom. he'll be washing his back. THEN he'll say "I am god. I created matter. Stop fucking around."834n wrote:No no. The portal will open, a native american in a jacket and a skirt will walk through. And he will say, "I am god. I created matter. Stop fucking around."
- Cope
- Incompetent Monster
- Posts: 7378
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
- Location: Masked man of mystery
- Contact:
WHERE ARE TEH RADIOACITVE THINGS, DAMN IT
Can't they accidentally give people superpowers at least once before they destroy the world?
Only, he'll look like something different to each scientist. So one might see a bearded old guy in a robe, one might see an empty bathroom, and the third might see a giant ear of corn scrubbing it's back and saying, "I am god. I created matter, stop fucking around."ryclaude wrote:well if they get that far, it's more likely the portal will lead directly into his bathroom. he'll be washing his back. THEN he'll say "I am god. I created matter. Stop fucking around."834n wrote:No no. The portal will open, a native american in a jacket and a skirt will walk through. And he will say, "I am god. I created matter. Stop fucking around."

- Cat42
- Emo
- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:21 am
- Location: "Working" on Transitions. (and Confabulation)
- Contact:
I'm reminded about how Pariah fucked up existence in Crisis on Infinate Earths.grabmygoblin wrote:I'm suddenly reminded of goats
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
- Crazy Chris
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:55 pm
- Location: Laca
- Contact:
- Tim
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
- Location: State of WA, formerly MA
- Contact:
To solve a problem they couldn't solve before with a gigantic machine that made big explosions, scientists create an even more gigantic machine to make bigger explosions.
Sounds about right.
Sounds about right.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!
- Instudios
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:04 pm
- Location: A nice little apartment at the center of the sun.
- Contact:
GGGGWWWWWAAAARRRRRRG!
I for one welcome the destruction of earth. I will laugh and laugh as I sit in my little apartment in the center of the sun.
The alter-ego












