Optical Illusion

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Optical Illusion

Post by Killbert-Robby »

I know, we've all seen pretty much every illusion out there. This one, however, is new, and really cool. Instructions on the site. I was impressed.

http://www.johnsadowski.com/big_spanish_castle.html
Image

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

Bandwidth limit exceeded. It could of been good, or bad... I don't know.

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Well simply put, its a picture that's slpodges of color. When you roll you mouse over it, it replaces the color with a black and white picture of a castle. However, if do this while you stare at a dot in the centre, the black and white castle seems to be in full color. Its really quite impressive.
Image

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Just imagine in your mind that there was something really cool there...

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I couldn't find another copy by goggling "big spanish castle, optical illusions", but I did find this.
Image

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

Okay, this thing is working again now, and it's amazing. In fact it's so amazing, the last thing I said out loud was, "Hey, come and look at this!"

It's Fantastic.



It's still fantastic.

User avatar
PF27
Regular Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:14 pm
Contact:

Post by PF27 »

Wow, that is pretty cool. It doesn't actually dissapear entirely afterwards, though, it sort of fades away... Really nice to watch.

User avatar
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1705
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:59 pm
Contact:

Post by The Mortician »

Whao... I thought it be like that "see the hidden jesus" things where you close your eyes and still see the bloke in detail.

User avatar
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero
Posts: 6973
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Violating your restraining order
Contact:

Post by Black Sparrow »

I've seen something similar to it, in the "afterimage" type illusions. But that is pretty creative, thus, cool.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

Neat.

I like how as soon as you move your eyes the colour clicks off like somebody hit a switch...
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I see a sailboat!

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Oh wow, I see it. I'm impressed because normally eye trick stuff doesn't work well for me. Darn my poor vision.

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

mcDuffies wrote:I see a sailboat!
Mallrats reference! You can have some points!

*Fires points from reference cannon*

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I hate Mallrats, actually. Crap of a film if there ever was one.

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

Did you just insult Jay and Silent bob using a forum? You do know that they're now going to hunt you down and kick your arse?

Boy, I wouldn't wanna be in your sh- ..uh..paws.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

That film was dumb too. Last twenty minutes minus the ending were funny, the rest was just plain dumb.

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

mcDuffies wrote:That film was dumb too. Last twenty minutes minus the ending were funny, the rest was just plain dumb.

My...soul...it burns...
Image

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

That thing was really freaking cool. It's pretty simple though, once you think about the whole "after image" thing and realize all the colors are complimentary of the colors you actually see when you mouseover the pic.
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
Blackaby
Regale her
Posts: 3441
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Sitting on the pudge.
Contact:

Post by Blackaby »

COOLLLL
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
Image
guest artists get free puppies
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Neat stuff.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Locked