French Fries!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

How do you like your fries?

Plain with or with a little salt
13
32%
3
7%
Mayonnaise is for French wusses! Americans Use ketchup!
4
10%
Southern style, with lots of gravy!
0
No votes
Cheese Fries! (With a side of laxatives pleas)
4
10%
Chili-Cheese Fries! Who wants to live past 40 anyway?
2
5%
0
No votes
4
10%
8
20%
French Fries? Onion rings Bitch!
3
7%
 
Total votes: 41

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

French Fries!

Post by IVstudios »

I just realized how many ways there are to eat French Fries, and I probably forgot a bunch.

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

I likes me teh cajun fries with ranch sauce. failing that I'll eat them with malt vinegar mixed with catchup.


... so I voted buffalo, I guess that's kind close
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I've had french fries plain, with salt, with katsup, with mustard, with mayo, with milkshake, with cheese, with chili, with onions, with habanero sauce, crispy, limp, curled, spicy, thick cut, wafer cut, straw cut...

... just about every way imaginable, except perhaps pre-digested.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

I'm a blue cheese dressing gal.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Stick_Figure_N
Regular Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: right here
Contact:

Post by Stick_Figure_N »

you forgot poutine.. and mexi-fries.. mmm.. but I'd have to go with ketchup and vinegar
"...we're looking for a near-sighted licorice fanatice with no tastebuds, and a very strong stomach..."

||<a href="http://stickfiguren.keenspace.com" target="moo"> The Adventures of Stick Figure N </a>|| <a href="http://members.rogers.com/pranam/HAT" target="hats"> Ear-ed Hats </a> (like Keff's x_X)

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

Stick_Figure_N wrote: I'd have to go with ketchup and vinegar
*High Fives*
I remember caring... It was nice.

Czar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Wandering.

Post by Czar »

I'm considered unhealthy 'cause I pour a "lot" of salt on mine.
I then gobble them down with ketchup.

If there's no ketchup availible, I live with that, but if there's no salt, I'm miserable. So I vote "plain or with a little salt" 'cause thats closest.
The definition of "a little salt" is relative, after all.
Så länge skutan kan gå, så länge hjärtat kan slå, så länge solen den glittrar på böljorna blå...

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I've even eaten a french fry through my nose.

Oh god, did that hurt. Don't try it at home.

(take a small fry, and cram it up your nose. Then pinch the other side of your nose closed, and snort really, really hard. Keep doing it. It took about fifteen minutes for me to snort it all the way through and down the back of my throat. For this feat, I won a massive headache, a sinus infection, and five bucks. never again.)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

I used to eat them with BBQ sauce, until I realized how blearugh I was feeling afterwards so I just started to eat them with Tabasco sauce instead.

Ruxen
Regular Poster
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Canadaing along!
Contact:

Post by Ruxen »

I'm the plain and boring salt person. Yay simplicity!
Image

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Go to Wendy's. Get an order of fries and a Frosty. Dip the solid one in the liquid one. Eat. Repeat.

Ranch dressing's a good one, as is Utah fry sauce (equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise).

Another wonderful sauce (not necessarily for fries) is carbonara ... a dish of alfredo sauce with a good dollop of alfredo in the middle.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:40 am
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".
Contact:

Post by TheLoserHero »

I pour, yes pour, copious amounts of salt on my french fries.
Image

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

You know what would go well with these fries? BEEF! Gimme some chillie!
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Ferguson
Regular Poster
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Contact:

Post by Ferguson »

Got to be ketchup. Always ketchup. On everything. (including my keyboard)
Out of the Loops: Redux.
Image

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

Fries +
Image

Try it. You know you want to.

User avatar
Van Douchebag
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: The Televizzle
Contact:

Post by Van Douchebag »

POUTINE!
POUTINE OSTI TABERNAC!
Image

User avatar
Locster
Regular Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Somewhere dutch

Post by Locster »

i guess i am the only one who voted for mayonnaise, yes we fucking drown 'em in that shit...

You ketchup-eatin sissy's !!

*runs*
My sketchbook is such a scary place...

<K-Dawg> heh 69
<Mercury_Hat> I wonder who was the first guy to come up with that

Mr. Bob wrote: <b>Locster's axe not really bloodied, Its just tomato sauce</b>

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Okay...cultural difference. Do you lot call any hot chip a french fry, eh?

Down here they only come from McDonald's.

If you're talking about a real chip, then the best you can do is eat them with vinegar.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Dutch! wrote:Okay...cultural difference. Do you lot call any hot chip a french fry, eh?

Down here they only come from McDonald's.

If you're talking about a real chip, then the best you can do is eat them with vinegar.
We call them all fries for simplicity, but to differentiate we have steak fries which I gather are like pub chips, the big thick kind. There's the crinkle-cut fries, waffle fries, and then just regular skinny french fries.

I like mine with ranch dressing :D .
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

Dutch! wrote:Okay...cultural difference. Do you lot call any hot chip a french fry, eh?

Down here they only come from McDonald's.
Or Burger King.

If we're talking about chips, I take mine with the cheapest curry I can find, but alas we are not, we're talking about fries. And fries go with marshmallow fluff, yankee style.

Locked