Joke time

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Locked
User avatar
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1848
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm
Location: Lurking in the Corners
Contact:

Post by BrownEyedCat »

collapse wrote: Which brings me to the odd realization I had a while ago that all female webcomic readers live in Canada.

That's right! All of them!
Wow. Even me?
Image

Image
Previously Catrine until my account crashed.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Yes. Especially you!
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

collapse wrote:
godoftarot wrote:
Mercury_Hat wrote: Rowr, check out these two. I smell another KeenCouple :D .
No thanks. Er, no offense Collapse.
I'll be turning 19 the day after Merc does, apparently.
Why?
Wondering how long it took you to develop such a corrupt mind ;) .
Once I got started, not very long. I'm a fast learner. :D
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

True Story:
Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch standard 4 pound
dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, military jets and the
space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity. The idea is to
simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to
test the strength of the windshields.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the
windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made,
and a gun was sent to the British engineers. When the gun was fired,
the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel,
crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens,
blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest
in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an
arrow shot from a bow. The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous
results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield
and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo --
"Defrost the chicken."


Also, our World Lit teacher had this joke to tell us one day during class last year ...
Pipolo wrote:"There was once this little polar bear who went up to his mother and asked, 'Ma, are you sure I'm a polar bear?' and she replied, 'Why, of course you're a polar bear! What a silly question!' So then the little polar bear went to his older brother and asked, 'Bobby, are you sure I'm a polar bear?' and he replied, 'Why, of course you're a polar bear! What a silly question!' The little polar bear then asked his father, 'Da, are you sure I'm a polar bear?' and he replied, 'Why, of course you're a polar bear! What a silly question!' And the little polar bear asked again 'Are you sure?' His father replied, 'I'm sure. Why do you ask?' And the little polar bear said, 'Because I'm frickin' freezin'!'

Hahaha... ha... Ah, it's funnier if you're drunk."
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

collapse wrote:Which brings me to the odd realization I had a while ago that all female webcomic readers live in Canada.

That's right! All of them!
No, they just live outside of a decent driving range of all the males.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Genesis_13
Regular Poster
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: Right outside M.E. Charm's house...escaping!
Contact:

Post by Genesis_13 »

DarkMagician wrote:
collapse wrote:Which brings me to the odd realization I had a while ago that all female webcomic readers live in Canada.

That's right! All of them!
No, they just live outside of a decent driving range of all the males.
That, and some of us don't have cars anyway.

:cry:
Who are you calling a super-small bean you need a magnifying glass to see?!!!

This would be so much better if I updated it....which I did....but then I stopped again!

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

protectmyballs wrote:
godoftarot wrote:
Mercury_Hat wrote: :o :o :o

I'm January 27th 1986.
:o :o :o
January 28th 1986
Weeeeeeeiiiiirrrrd.

Explains why we knock heads, though. Put two Aquariuses together and things do tend to go boom.
January 28th, 1985. Weird.
January 27th, 1985.
This is getting strange... :o
Image

User avatar
Mooman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Defender of the Faith
Contact:

Post by Mooman »

Well, it's obvious you're all part of some scheme by aliens or the Devil or Sony or the people that make Tic Tacs or something.

A large mob with pitchforks will be along shortly. Please enjoy some music while you wait.

*plinky plonky deedle doo da, ba dum do da bee ba do bada dum dop pow ow*

etc.
What a rubbish signature.

User avatar
Protectmyballs
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: BGSU
Contact:

Post by Protectmyballs »

Birthday weirdness
We should have a naked party. All our birthdays are only a couple weeks away....
Image Image Image I am a Shmoe.

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

protectmyballs wrote:
Birthday weirdness
We should have a naked party. All our birthdays are only a couple weeks away....
Sweet.
Image

User avatar
HeDanny
Regular Poster
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:17 am
Location: The Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by HeDanny »

Crossfire wrote:Hedanny would be pissed. Little shroom ought to get in here and start stalking again.
Kids will be kids. I am not worried or pissed.

1) I was killed for stalking God Of Tarot, so I rekon that "running gag" is over.
2) Collapse would have more chance pushing shit uphill with a stick

I still have my SPOON.. OF DOOM handy tho.. if any of you fellers get out of line with any of the young ladies. so WATCH YOURSELF YA DAMN PUNKS!

accept War. Merc likes War.. thats allowed

hmm.. time for a new .sig, methinks.
Image
But then again, I am just a Mushroom. What would I know?
--
Resident Over-Protective Old Geezer.
Wielder of the SPOON.. OF DOOM (with +4 to Heart Removal vs Young Punks)

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Hey man, I'll have you know that women find me irresistable!

In my dreams.

No, that's not even true.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Here's my joke...
collapse wrote:Hey man, I'll have you know that women find me irresistable!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

Dutch! wrote:Here's my joke...
collapse wrote:Hey man, I'll have you know that women find me irresistable!
Extra points to Dutch for having the first joke involving both elephants and hellen keller.
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Smight wrote:
Dutch! wrote:Here's my joke...
collapse wrote:Hey man, I'll have you know that women find me irresistable!
Extra points to Dutch for having the first joke involving both elephants and hellen keller.
I don't get it.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

collapse wrote:I don't get it.
That's why you're asking us for advice...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

MariaAndMichelle wrote:True Story:
Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch standard 4 pound
dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, military jets and the
space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity. The idea is to
simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to
test the strength of the windshields.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the
windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made,
and a gun was sent to the British engineers. When the gun was fired,
the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel,
crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens,
blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest
in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an
arrow shot from a bow. The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous
results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield
and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo --
"Defrost the chicken."
This is, actually, a true story. Oh those funny Brits...

Nasa jokes:

Q: Where are the crew of the Challenger spending vacation?
A: All over Florida.

Q: Where are the crew of the Columbia spending vacation?
A: All over Texas.

Q: What was the last thing to go through the crew's minds?
A: The engines.

And now a longer joke...

So this guy goes into a bar's bathroom and see's this three foot tall person dressed all in green, about to approach the urinal.

"You're a LEPRECHAUN!" The man exclaims.

The man in green sighs. "Aye, that I am laddie, and you've caught me. So you get your three wishes. Make it quick then, I really have to go."

The man thinks... "Ok, I want a billion dollars..."

"Done. It'll be waiting for ye once you leave this bathroom." The leprechaun replies.

"... and I want women to find me absolutely irresistable." The man continues.

"And done. Try it out on the women at the bar." the leprechaun responds, "But I really have to go. Can you wait on your third wish a moment?" At that, he turns to the urinal, unzips his fly, pulls out his foot long penis, and does his business.

"My GOD. For my third wish, I want a penis like THAT." The man exclaims.

"Aye? Well, that could be a problem..." the leprechaun begins.

"What? Nothing doing. I get three wishes, and that's what I want. I wish I had a penis like that."

"Well..." says the leprechaun, "You'll need to pull your pants down then. I'll have sex with you, and in the process, you'll get mine, and I'll get yours."

"Ugh. You HAVE to be kidding me." The main exlaims!

"Hey, it's your wish..." the leprechaun says with a smile.

So the man thinks. He has all the money he'll ever need, and women will be falling over themselves to get to him. "Well... all right, I'll do it."

So, the man drops his pants and the leprechaun mounts him and begins pounding away.

"Oh god it hurts! And it's not changing!" the man screams.

"Aye, but it will!" says the leprechaun, who continues to pound.

When the act is over, the man looks down and says, "It never changed!"

To which the little man in green nods, "Aye, but then, you believe in leprechauns too, don'tcha?"
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

rkolter wrote:This is, actually, a true story. Oh those funny Brits...
Well, everyone says it's a true story, anyway.

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Joel Fagin wrote:
rkolter wrote:This is, actually, a true story. Oh those funny Brits...
Well, everyone says it's a true story, anyway.

- Joel Fagin
Well, ok. The British part that makes the story funny may or may not be true, but the cannon is real and is actually used as described.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

Yep. The cannon is real. But the story is bogus. It was invented to poke fun at other nations. There are variants all over the place. Some where it's a US cannon and the Canadians want it. Or the Russians. Or whatever. It doesn't need to make a whole lot of sense.. They even did a piece on this in MythBusters. That was a good show. :) Got to see chickens embedding themselves into an airplane. 8)
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

Locked