Is this Racism?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Is this Racism?

Yes
2
10%
No
12
60%
Sort of
6
30%
 
Total votes: 20

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

KittyKatBlack is furry.

User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

I was addressing cultural issues about hairy people of both genders, not really trying to address sexism.

The whole reason for starting this thread came about after I read about a group of nudists who say they are Nuder than Nude. They are Barer than Bare.

They are the <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/wnnnu/smoothyda ... oothies</a>. (Do not click this link if viewing nudity is illegal in your area or if you are at all offended by nudity, wholesome family-oriented nude recreation, nude people of ALL ages, bodypainting, hairless bodies, men in sombrero's with medieval maces, etc. )

They remove all the hair from their bodies (not their heads). At SmoothyDays (I'm not making this up) they offer to laser off your hair if you have any to promote the "ideal of smooth hairless bodies."

I just thought it would be considered extremely rude to offer skin lightening treatments to non-whites. Thus, a thread was born!

I've forgotten about this thread. I'm currently thinking about what happens when you take highly flammable <a href="http://stuweb.ee.mtu.edu/~swbuetow/dorm ... .htm">hand sanitizer (stupid people doing idiotic stuff)</a> and combine it with <a href="http://van.hep.uiuc.edu/van/qa/section/ ... -neutonian fluids</a>. The possibility of high projectile flaming spheres which shatter on impact and then stick to and drip over objects while burning with a nearly invisible flame... Darn my overactive imagination.
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Image
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Roughies</a>
For fans of Brainwashing and Garbage Eating.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Oh. Yes. Those people are just insane. :D

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Yeah, Okie, that's a bit off the deep end to me.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Yah, really . . . men in sombreros? With maces, no less? What are they thinking?!
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

Har

As a fairly hairy individual, I can tell you that being hairy sucks majorly.

It's always itchy and stuff. And a lot of times in places where there's a lot of movement, hairs will get intertwined and tug on each other.

I started shaving my armpits. And it was heavenly compared to before...
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

no
Image

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

it is not racism
Image

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

so feel free to recoil in disgust at hairy individuals.
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »


JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

*rips out eyes*
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

Of course, a smooth body would make bodypainting easier.

And who doesn't love <a href="http://ils2.cti.ac.at/video/Promo1_340. ... ainting</a>?

Or Tattooing. There are some people who tattoo on stylized ink designs in place of eyebrows or pubic hair. And there was that one guy who was so proud of his tattoos that he left a clause in his will that insured that his body would be skinned, and his skin preserved, and his skin would be exhibited at Biker events.

The human body is just neat.
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Image
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Roughies</a>
For fans of Brainwashing and Garbage Eating.

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Okie wrote:The human body is just neat.
Amen to that.

I really /can/ agree with Okie on something! I feel happy now.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »


User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

What has been said could've been said about body fat, baldness, idiocy and whatever stigma have you.

I thank Okie, tho, for a brilliant discussion. I enjoyed reading about it.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Being that I was a large, annoying part of it, I say you're welcome. :P

Locked