Betty and Veronica Get A Makeover
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- VileTerror
- Anti-Villain
- Posts: 3437
- Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:16 am
- Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.
- Contact:
Gawd . . .
My head has really been in the gutter this year.
I saw "titles" as "titties" and "makeover" as "makeout".
I saw "titles" as "titties" and "makeover" as "makeout".
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.
- Nyke
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 4704
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
- Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
- Contact:
Re: Gawd . . .
Amateur, I can read "Origami" as "Orgasm".VileTerror wrote:My head has really been in the gutter this year.
I saw "titles" as "titties" and "makeover" as "makeout".
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
- VileTerror
- Anti-Villain
- Posts: 3437
- Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:16 am
- Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.
- Contact:
PHA-uh?
In Japan? I'll have you know I practice origami here in Canada!
. . . er, not that <i>I</i> would <b>ever</b> try to make an orgasm out of paper . . .
. . . er, not that <i>I</i> would <b>ever</b> try to make an orgasm out of paper . . .
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.
Besides me being averse to change, even for a franchise I never particularly cared for, this particular new look stings my eyes.
Archie was kinda funny because there was this guy stuck in the 50s with his weird 50s junk car and 50s clothes in some sort of personal Happy Days universe while his surroundings appeared to move on with the times without him.
I remember reading those time-filler little books (borrowed from a friend who always had new ones but never really read them) when I was 13 and thinking, Gee these would be great if someone had remembered to put some jokes in them. And then I ogled at Betty and Veronica.
(I'd choose Betty by the way)
Archie was kinda funny because there was this guy stuck in the 50s with his weird 50s junk car and 50s clothes in some sort of personal Happy Days universe while his surroundings appeared to move on with the times without him.
I remember reading those time-filler little books (borrowed from a friend who always had new ones but never really read them) when I was 13 and thinking, Gee these would be great if someone had remembered to put some jokes in them. And then I ogled at Betty and Veronica.
(I'd choose Betty by the way)
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- Turnsky
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1488
- Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
- Location: Devonport, Tasmania
- Contact:
archie was more about 50's sensibilities, kinda like "happy days" minus the fonzcortland wrote:My general reaction to this sort of thing is "ugh." The classic look for the Archie cast is a much softer, likeable style, and this new one just seems to be trying way too hard to be "cool" and "edgy." That's not what Archie is.
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- Tellurider
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2051
- Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
- Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
- Contact:
As soon as I saw it I thought "BLASPHEMY!"
I bought maybe like 10 archie comics back when I was, well, probably about 10, but it's kind of like, hey, if there's a natural progression in art, like say with Garfield, then cool. But to radically change the style of something that's looked exactly the same for so long basically screams "OH DEAR GOD WE'RE SO DESPERATE PLEASE BUY OUR COMICS WE'LL DO ANYTHING!"
As for Reggie... he only hits on the girls when it upsets Archie, if I remember right, and come on, that's just overcompensation.
I bought maybe like 10 archie comics back when I was, well, probably about 10, but it's kind of like, hey, if there's a natural progression in art, like say with Garfield, then cool. But to radically change the style of something that's looked exactly the same for so long basically screams "OH DEAR GOD WE'RE SO DESPERATE PLEASE BUY OUR COMICS WE'LL DO ANYTHING!"
As for Reggie... he only hits on the girls when it upsets Archie, if I remember right, and come on, that's just overcompensation.
- Pimpette
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
- Location: Comi-what now?
- Contact:
Oh I dunno, he was always off trying to do unspeakable things to Midge when Moose wasn't looking.Tellurider wrote:As for Reggie... he only hits on the girls when it upsets Archie, if I remember right, and come on, that's just overcompensation.
Maybe he's a bit of a masochist too.
And Midge is a ho.










