*flees*
Happy 4/20!
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
*draws on Tellurider*
*flees*
*flees*
Re: Happy 4/20!
I've never bothered to google what 4/20 is supposed to mean.
- Dreamaniaccomic
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 am
- Location: In my head.
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
For Coloradans, it's the day the Columbine shootings happened.
...
Yeah.
...
Yeah.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Has a thing for bandannas...
- Tellurider
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2051
- Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
- Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
Funny thing - I'm a Coloradan, and it doesn't mean that to me. In fact I don't think that I knew what day the Columbine thing happened until now.
I do remember the aftermath of "okay let's have someone talk to all the students etc." though, which was annoying as hell. The chick who came in blamed it all on video games. pffffffft.
Also word on the street is that in Boulder there is a big party in one of the fields of the university, so I don't think it means that to them either, in general at least.
I do remember the aftermath of "okay let's have someone talk to all the students etc." though, which was annoying as hell. The chick who came in blamed it all on video games. pffffffft.
Also word on the street is that in Boulder there is a big party in one of the fields of the university, so I don't think it means that to them either, in general at least.
- Bustertheclown
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
- Location: ATOMIC!
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
Exactly, and thank you for preventing me from writing a huge rant explaining myself. I did mean "retarded" as in "impeded," and just so everyone knows, the word "retarded" cannot and should not be used interchangeably with the word "stupid." That's where it slips into slur territory, because that's when it's using the word out of the context of it's meaning. I did choose the word, however, because I do like to make a little game of trolling people with their perceptions of words. That makes me an asshole, but I was bored. Sorry. It was all done tongue-in-cheek, I assure you.Rkolter wrote:To be fair, I think buster was using 'retarded' as a qualification, not an adjective.Killbert-Robby wrote:Because everyone who smokes pot is exactly the same amirite?Bustertheclown wrote: And retarded stoners, too.
Thus, "it is a big day for stoners who are also retarded"
Not, "It is a big day for stoners, and all stoners are retarded"
But, I could be wrong.
'Retarded' is one of those insulting words that takes on an extra meaning for a specific group of people. There are lots of ways to be insulting without being extraordinarily offensive.
Also, Robby, stoners are not just anyone who smokes pot. At least in the pot subculture that I grew up in, the term "stoner" is reserved for those folks who take their use of marijuana well beyond a recreational level, and proudly wear the trappings of that particular area of society. Stoners are more elite than an ol' regular pot user.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies
http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
- Pimpette
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
- Location: Comi-what now?
- Contact:
dave's not here man
Around here we call those people "burnouts."
Because it's all they can goddamn talk about.
There's a big difference between lighting up once in a while... and being unable to go for a day or two without doing so.
Because it's all they can goddamn talk about.
There's a big difference between lighting up once in a while... and being unable to go for a day or two without doing so.
- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
Re: Happy 4/20!
Big party? It's over 10,000 people.Tellurider wrote:Funny thing - I'm a Coloradan, and it doesn't mean that to me. In fact I don't think that I knew what day the Columbine thing happened until now.
I do remember the aftermath of "okay let's have someone talk to all the students etc." though, which was annoying as hell. The chick who came in blamed it all on video games. pffffffft.
Also word on the street is that in Boulder there is a big party in one of the fields of the university, so I don't think it means that to them either, in general at least.

- Bustertheclown
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
- Location: ATOMIC!
- Contact:
Re: dave's not here man
Pimpette wrote:Around here we call those people "burnouts."
Because it's all they can goddamn talk about.
There's a big difference between lighting up once in a while... and being unable to go for a day or two without doing so.
Exactly. I've always liked the word "burnout." It's wonderfully descriptive of the type.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies
http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
- Yeahduff
- Resident Stoic (Moderator)
- Posts: 9158
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
- Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
Someone spark a j, shit's gettin way too serious in here.
- Prettysenshi
- Bork Bork Bork
- Posts: 2269
- Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
- Location: Anywhere else but here....
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
From the doggfather himself. I think it's rather fitting for this day. I myself have never smoked a blunt and I don't plan to, however I do advocate it being legalized.
Roll up a fat one and pass it around
Lay back hypnotized by The Neptunes sound
My peoples always see me and they think I'm on point
So they roll me a blunt, or either pass me a joint
I'm the modern day Rick James, yeah that's me
Anything less than the best is blasphemy
So ask for me - when you wanna get spliffted
I'm not Keith Murray but I'll Get Ya Lifted
Terrific, cause this is just the linguistics
This shit's cannibalistic, so I mixed it and twisted
With the berries and cherries, the high berries
The aura is horror, man this shit is so scary!
I took another hit and then my vision got blurry
I had to pass this shit in a motherfucking hurry
Roll up a fat one and pass it around
Lay back hypnotized by The Neptunes sound
My peoples always see me and they think I'm on point
So they roll me a blunt, or either pass me a joint
I'm the modern day Rick James, yeah that's me
Anything less than the best is blasphemy
So ask for me - when you wanna get spliffted
I'm not Keith Murray but I'll Get Ya Lifted
Terrific, cause this is just the linguistics
This shit's cannibalistic, so I mixed it and twisted
With the berries and cherries, the high berries
The aura is horror, man this shit is so scary!
I took another hit and then my vision got blurry
I had to pass this shit in a motherfucking hurry
- Yeahduff
- Resident Stoic (Moderator)
- Posts: 9158
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
- Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
- Contact:
Re: Happy 4/20!
Hot.
Ladi dadi, we likes to party.
We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody,
we just some Spacers that's on the mic.
And when we rock upon the mic, we rock the mic right.
To all my doggs, keepin y'all in health,
just to see ya smilin and enjoyin yaself,
cos it's cool when you cause the cozy conditionin
that we create, cos that's our mission
so listen close to what we say
because this type of shit happens everyday
Ladi dadi, we likes to party.
We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody,
we just some Spacers that's on the mic.
And when we rock upon the mic, we rock the mic right.
To all my doggs, keepin y'all in health,
just to see ya smilin and enjoyin yaself,
cos it's cool when you cause the cozy conditionin
that we create, cos that's our mission
so listen close to what we say
because this type of shit happens everyday
Re: dave's not here man
Hey, don't you ruin one of my favourite racing games.Bustertheclown wrote:Pimpette wrote:Around here we call those people "burnouts."
Because it's all they can goddamn talk about.
There's a big difference between lighting up once in a while... and being unable to go for a day or two without doing so.
Exactly. I've always liked the word "burnout." It's wonderfully descriptive of the type.
Anyway, I have surmised from this topic that this is some sort of important pot-related day. I would not have known otherwise.
- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
Re: dave's not here man
Oh its a lot of things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_20Terotrous wrote:Hey, don't you ruin one of my favourite racing games.Bustertheclown wrote:Pimpette wrote:Around here we call those people "burnouts."
Because it's all they can goddamn talk about.
There's a big difference between lighting up once in a while... and being unable to go for a day or two without doing so.
Exactly. I've always liked the word "burnout." It's wonderfully descriptive of the type.
Anyway, I have surmised from this topic that this is some sort of important pot-related day. I would not have known otherwise.
Like, a LOT of things










