Harry Potter Spoilers! ZOMG!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Evil clown is a redundant statement.
Image

User avatar
EvilChihuahua
Regular Poster
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Canadaland
Contact:

Post by EvilChihuahua »

Ron finds out that his real father is...ARTHUR WEASLEY!!!!
note: any l337 used in the previous post was used ony to avoid the poster's Cybersitter. Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Man, fuck that party. KICK HIS ASS, HARRY.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

As Hermione had predicted, the threesome ends up clumsy and disappointing, and ultimately destructive.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Nervous Spy
For your Eyes Only
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Nervous Spy »

yeahduff wrote:As Hermione had predicted, the threesome ends up clumsy and disappointing, and ultimately destructive.
Mostly because Ron couldn't make it, and Hagrid had to stand in for him. :lol:
My new avatar is by someone who holds many <a href="http://indepos.comicgenesis.com/">Indefensible Positions</a>.

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

And they all got lost in his beard!

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

yeahduff wrote:As Hermione had predicted, the threesome ends up clumsy and disappointing, and ultimately destructive.
That always happens with threesomes. They work better when they remain as a nebulous and adventerous thought.
Image

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

Well, I've read the whole book. I queued up before midnight, got my copy straight away, and read the whole thing in one go, with only one toilet break :)

Not gonna give spoilers, but I'll give the book a 2 word review:
Enjoyably predictable

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

We bought ours at 1am.

I read the epilogue.

It was a good ending. No spoilers from me tho.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

I need to read the last one before I can read this one. I'm going out to get it. With all my Harry bashing, I'll still be daydreaming about flying a broom in a few days again.
Image

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Post by Ekolter »

read only the first 3. working on 4 as we speak. have the whole series thanks to my mom and the recent purchase.

not bad so far....

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

rkolter wrote:We bought ours at 1am.

I read the epilogue.

It was a good ending. No spoilers from me tho.
I finished the book today after starting it around noon. The main story was a great read, but the epilogue was horrible.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I'm waiting a week for all the people who are too embarrassed to have a kids book on their shelves to start selling them for cheap on amazon.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

The Neko wrote:but the epilogue was horrible.
that's mostly cause you're a grumpy sourpuss.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock
Contact:

Post by Garneta »

The Neko wrote:The main story was a great read, but the epilogue was horrible.
I thought the same thing about the epilogue myself. As for the main story, to me it had a few pacing problems, but got better as it went along. The last third or so of it was great. There were a number of things that I'd predicted correctly, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of it at all.
Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1981
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:35 am
Location: Finland, Finland, Finland
Contact:

Post by Prettydragoon »

legostargalactica wrote:
The Neko wrote:but the epilogue was horrible.
that's mostly cause you're a grumpy sourpuss.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

User avatar
Soap Committee
Regular Poster
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: freshly unpackaged and waiting in a soap dish
Contact:

Post by Soap Committee »

Posting it here because, I didn't think this went with the HP7 thread, but holy frick, this guy looks like Voldemort.

http://www.guitarworld.com/sites/future ... 07_big.jpg

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

prettydragoon wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
The Neko wrote:but the epilogue was horrible.
that's mostly cause you're a grumpy sourpuss.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Not a bad thing, just tiring after awhile.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

Soap Committee wrote:Posting it here because, I didn't think this went with the HP7 thread, but holy frick, this guy looks like Voldemort.

http://www.guitarworld.com/sites/future ... 07_big.jpg
he was in Vai's band back in the 90's and they had him in pancake makeup and all black outfits. As a child I was convinced Vai was playing with Pinhead from the hellraiser films.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Catlegend
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Magrathea!
Contact:

Post by Catlegend »

The Neko wrote: I finished the book today after starting it around noon. The main story was a great read, but the epilogue was horrible.
Sorry, I came late! My book was under lock and key *glares at ThatGuy*

I admit it was super sweet, but I can't imagine closing the book with out it. Without the epliogue, it would be like falling off a cliff. Sure it was a sappy goodbye, but I spent a good bit of life invested in those books and I thoroughly support a gentle close.

*holds freak flag firmly*
Image

Locked