Where did you learn about ScandalSheet?

How did all of you find out about Scandal Sheet?

the artist
44%
a friend
22%
browsing keenspace
11%
browsing another site
22%

Total votes: 9

BurnMeUp

Where did you learn about ScandalSheet?

Post by BurnMeUp »

It's obvious people like us that recognize budding talent early on are far more intelligent, attractive, and dare I say it, sexy, than most other people.
"Twice shy and dog tired because you're once bitten...everything you say now sounds like it was ghost written"

<b>BurnMeUp - </b>Master of the Pan Flute, Purveyor of a Fresh Lemony Scent, and One Charming Bastard.

Outworld

Post by Outworld »

Well, I found out about this place from a friend from the sluggy boards, through her livejournal. So I went and read Chef's comic. Very spiffy indeed.
Here is whom to blame on my drive by posting like style here at these boards:
gracetx's LiveJournal
I'm also on livejournal, under this nickname, and I also post merrily at the ScandalSheet! LiveJournal community. Hhmmm what else...

Oh yeah, I read the whole months worth of Scandal Sheet in one sitting, using a dial up LOL. Usually, some webcomics won't allow me to surf the archives like that. But this one did! WoooHoooo!

OW - Out Wave.

Brenda

Post by Brenda »

The artist, aka Cheffie, is a friend of mine from the Straight Dope forums. Cheffie's been talking about doing a comic for a long time and I'm just happy that he finally got around to doing it. I hope this doesn't mean he's going to stop inviting us over for food. The artist is an EXCELLENT cook as well as a pretty good hugger.

BurnMeUp

Post by BurnMeUp »

I too know the Chefster from SDMB where i used to be a big time poster before i kinda faded into obscurity... I can be found no posting more often in my LJ (which is in my profile).
"Twice shy and dog tired because you're once bitten...everything you say now sounds like it was ghost written"

<b>BurnMeUp - </b>Master of the Pan Flute, Purveyor of a Fresh Lemony Scent, and One Charming Bastard.

Mnr2d

Post by Mnr2d »

Hello. I'm new to these boards, so... hello.

Just like mister Outworld up there *points* I learned about Scandal Sheet from the Sluggy boards and Grace's LiveJournal.

So, um, hello.

Nadriel
Regular Poster

Post by Nadriel »

Another S*P convert here. Joined the SS LJ a little while ago, but only just got round to joinng these forums....lucky you...

Craftygirl

Post by Craftygirl »

Another S*P crossover person........and I'm hooked!

Chef Troy
Regular Poster

Post by Chef Troy »

eleika wrote:Ditto for Something Positive. Mind you, I got hooked on SP when it did the crossover with Queen of Wands, and my sisters got me hooked on that ...

I, too, read the entire archives in one sitting. And while I fell in love with the comic, it was one comic in particular that elevated the artist to status of godliness for me (as far as webcomic artists go).

I'm a second-generation SF/F reader, and I'm still going through my dad's collection of stuff. I started in on Spider Robinson's Callahan books after his recent appearance at the Vancouver International Writer's Festival (he's a local in these parts). So when Murdock introduces Foster to Txffu, I was like, "I KNOW that name ..." and then came the best line ever: "Just call me 'Finn'."

Out of curiosity, have you ever considered contacting Spider, and showing this to him? I know he'd be absolutely tickled.
Actually, it hadn't occurred to me. I think it would be even better if someone ELSE showed it to him (fake modesty), and you're drafted! Be sure to post any reply you get here in the forum!
Scandal Sheet! - All the news that's printed to fit.
~~~~~
Stop by my LiveJournal!