There are a lot of manga/superhero/realism comics on here and around the web, and a fairly large (aka almost all) could really use a lesson in drawing anatomy (most consist of headshot after ruddy headshot). They all complain they can't afford drawing classes, or find those how-to-draw books confusing or boring. Well I found a very nice website for thoses people.
This is a great page for people who want to get better at drawing poses and people, especially the thirty second drawing exercise. Taking a scant ten minutes out of every day to do this exercise will be hugely profitable. Plus it's a great reference for various poses.
Warning: None of the models have any skin, so some might find the images a little disturbing.
I generally consider myself to be more skilled in drawing people than anything else, but when I saw that there were no replies, I clicked to see what it's about. While I've been getting by on drawing from real life and imagination, I definitely think this website is a helpful reference tool.
Thanks!
Though not universally, squares are widely regarded as having an even number of sides that has been conjectured by experts in the field to be approximately four.
This is pretty awesome. The fact that they don't have skin is a better thing because you can see the muscle structure underneath. Knowing the structure will make you a better artist.
I have to say this is really wonderful for people just beginning to draw realistically. It's not as intimidating as going to an actual life drawing class. But there are drawbacks. It's computer generated, the muscles are just textures and do not directly affect the outline of the body. And as always, there is a distinct lack of gravity and interaction with what they are sitting / standing on. Also, a minor pet peeve of mine, especially the female model can't seem to get her back straight - it's the permanent swayback of games and superhero comics. In some poses it just looks broken. I do love that you can spin the model 360° - that gives a really good impression of how perspective works on a non-geometrical object. Sometimes I wish I could do that in real life drawing.
In my opinion, it's a good introduction to drawing from a model and impressive as CG but as an actual anatomy reference it should be taken with a grain of salt. Better to get a friend pose for you or just go to the beach. Those are real people with all the variety that games are lacking. Or just draw yourself from a mirror, that's the easiest option.