Page 1 of 1
where to go from here
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:55 pm
by SamtheClam
Well I finally hit 20 comics and I have pitched my comic. But now I would like to hear some criticism as to what is done well and what I should improve in the future. I just want to make sure my comic is steering in the right direction.
Thanks! sam the clam
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:54 pm
by Hale
the humor here is really great. l love it. nice colors too. Also, by recycling the character templates, you can spend more time on writing jokes - a good choice for this type of comic.
The backgounds are well chosen to fit the theme, but the photos are so ... well detailed and realistic, they almost outshine the characters with their simple lineart and flat fills. Still I'd have trouble letting go of some of those really neat underwater photos. I love those. I guess the contrast something to be aware of regardless.
The only other thing I saw that could use some work was that you don't really have a set scheme for the amount, size or placement of pannels. It might be a good thing to ponder at this point, since you're still starting out. There's no need to limit yourself other than to have pity on the 90% of users who still have the typical 1024X768 screen resolution.
After a lot of revision I've set a personal standard of 700 px maximum width, but height is fair game.
Keep going with it, you're definately going in the right direction.
Oh, one other thing. Your archive is a total mess. I don't know which comic is the first one. I tried hitting first, but it brought me to something in the middle and from that comic I tried to hit the next arrow but it just refrehsed the page. Just FYI.