Meribeth to the rescue! 12-31

User avatar
Jaydub
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Meribeth to the rescue! 12-31

Post by Jaydub »

Way to go Meribeth, It is nice to have your friends stick up for you! :) :) :D

Sitting drinking on his daddy's tab! What a great put down to Rahan. :lol: :lol:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

Starcat5
Regular Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Lagomorphica, Mn, USA
Contact:

Post by Starcat5 »

...isn't the quote "Joggity Jig"? *Shrug* Just how I learned it, that's all.

User avatar
NydaLynn
Regular Poster
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Amish Country, PA
Contact:

Post by NydaLynn »

^.^ oooohhhh... yeah... going to face the parents. Best of luck, Q! *hides*
"Que Sera Sera..."
<a href="http://nydalynn.deviantart.com"> Deviant Art stuff</a>

User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Post by Fusion »

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Although parents are more forgiving, it is going to be a hard reunion of mixed messages.
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.

User avatar
Lee M
Regular Poster
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: England

Post by Lee M »

"Hey, Quentyn, I heard Meribeth say you're sweet. Wanna come here and show us just how sweet you are? Har, har!"
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?

User avatar
Jwrebholz
Regular Poster
Posts: 256
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:40 pm

Post by Jwrebholz »

The good news is he doesn't have to deal with Rahan yet.

The bad news is now he has to deal with his parents.

The worse news is eventually, he's STILL going to have to deal with Rahan.
^ the above was me sounding like I know WTF I'm talking about.

User avatar
Mike Fang
Regular Poster
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Post by Mike Fang »

Let's hope his folks at least ask to hear his side of the story, unlike those dithering politicians on the council.
There are two things that define a man: What God gives him, and what he does with that.

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1807
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

*glares at Mike Fang for calling them 'polititions'*

politition may not be a four letter word...


BUT IT SHOULD BE! :wink: :D
I still say the doctor did it....

User avatar
Mike Fang
Regular Poster
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Post by Mike Fang »

*matches him glare for glare* Hey, I don't like 'em. First they give Quentyn a hard time about wanting to be a Questor. Then they toss him the job like it's a trivial, pointless thing. NOW they're carrying on some kangaroo court and looking down their noses...er, muzzles...at him for stuff that's not even his fault.

All those council members, even the best of them, have the same primary concern; their own public images. They're not concerned for Quentyn, they're concerned for how it's going to make THEM look. And this latest action of theirs smells of them pulling a CYA (Cover Your *ss). Everybody's embarassed about what happened, but rather than find out the truth, they do the quickest thing to appease the public: blame the Questor.

I tell ya, if I'd been there when they just chucked Quentyn the Questor medal like it was a used dog toy, I would've chewed them out for showing him such disrespect. And don't even get me started on how I'd get on a soap box for their rush to judgement just recently.
There are two things that define a man: What God gives him, and what he does with that.

LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by LoneWolf23k »

Rahan, thou hast been PWNED!!

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

I am just glad Meribeth out that stuffed up cowardly rich boy in his place.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

Odd, I thought he went home already. (and I think that Rahan has a relative in the council)

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Starcat5 wrote:...isn't the quote "Joggity Jig"? *Shrug* Just how I learned it, that's all.
To market, to market to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

To market, to market, to buy a fat hog,
Home again, home again, jiggity jog.

At least, that's how I learned it.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Mike Fang wrote:*matches him glare for glare* Hey, I don't like 'em. First they give Quentyn a hard time about wanting to be a Questor. Then they toss him the job like it's a trivial, pointless thing. NOW they're carrying on some kangaroo court and looking down their noses...er, muzzles...at him for stuff that's not even his fault.

All those council members, even the best of them, have the same primary concern; their own public images. They're not concerned for Quentyn, they're concerned for how it's going to make THEM look. And this latest action of theirs smells of them pulling a CYA (Cover Your *ss). Everybody's embarassed about what happened, but rather than find out the truth, they do the quickest thing to appease the public: blame the Questor.

I tell ya, if I'd been there when they just chucked Quentyn the Questor medal like it was a used dog toy, I would've chewed them out for showing him such disrespect. And don't even get me started on how I'd get on a soap box for their rush to judgement just recently.
"Quentyn is the first Questor of the Seven Villages in over one hundred years. He's about to find out why."
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

fusion wrote:Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Although parents are more forgiving, it is going to be a hard reunion of mixed messages.
His father is a good man. Both his mother and father were damn proud of him when he came back from the swamps. His mother was so concerned after rat king and probably his father as even prouder.

I think they will act as if nothing has happened. How else can his father keep his promise to Quentyn that he will always have a place to come home to, to start over?

Oh, his mother might say something, but his father won't say a word.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

The JAM wrote:Odd, I thought he went home already. (and I think that Rahan has a relative in the council)
When you first meet Rahan, you find out that he comes from a rich family, something re-iterated here. Plus, he told Rahan that they were going to do something bad to Quentyn. Gilder was the only truly outspoken one on the council.

I'm willing to bet that he's Gilder's grandson.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

Bobcat
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:54 pm

Post by Bobcat »

You know.. Why do I just see Rahan going off and doing something *stupid* to try and be impressive...
*meow?*

Bengaley
Regular Poster
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Bengaley »

Bobcat wrote:You know.. Why do I just see Rahan going off and doing something *stupid* to try and be impressive...
With Quent having to come save his ass, yes.

User avatar
Narnian
Regular Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:25 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by Narnian »

Bobcat wrote:You know.. Why do I just see Rahan going off and doing something *stupid* to try and be impressive...
I was under the impression that was his daily routine already.
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

User avatar
Richter B.
Regular Poster
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:10 am

Post by Richter B. »

god knows when quentyn goes and saves rahan...
rahan is gunna comeback saying how tough he was and all that and had to "save" the questor...
this is just a guess though

Post Reply