April 12
April 12
I think they maybe made him a member o their tribe, he deserves it to.
Hmmmm, i don't understand what they say, but the arrow says it all, i hope... Maybe they want him to shoot some other enemy of theirs with it?
Hmmmm, i don't understand what they say, but the arrow says it all, i hope... Maybe they want him to shoot some other enemy of theirs with it?
The only sovereign you can allow yourself is reason...
Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light.
-Terry Goodkind
My livejournal: http://kaarn.livejournal.com/
Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light.
-Terry Goodkind
My livejournal: http://kaarn.livejournal.com/
-
Mwalimu
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 303
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:54 pm
- Location: Bloomington, IL
- Contact:
A rough guess at the translation here...
Brave one,
We wish to thank you.
Thy brave act has saved us and returned the strength to our legs. You are now one of our tribe--- and thy name is known among our great heros.
Take thy name,
He who hunts shadows.
Brave one,
We wish to thank you.
Thy brave act has saved us and returned the strength to our legs. You are now one of our tribe--- and thy name is known among our great heros.
Take thy name,
He who hunts shadows.
Joe McCauley
http://www.lionking.org/~mwalimu
http://www.lionking.org/~mwalimu
- SolidusRaccoon
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3046
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: Outer Heaven
Thanks for the translation. Good stuff Ralph.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
Impressive work.
ever considered translating gnomish texts as a living?
ever considered translating gnomish texts as a living?
The only sovereign you can allow yourself is reason...
Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light.
-Terry Goodkind
My livejournal: http://kaarn.livejournal.com/
Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light.
-Terry Goodkind
My livejournal: http://kaarn.livejournal.com/
- Madmoonie
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2215
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
- Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
- Contact:
Those little dudes look so cool. They rock! Very nicely done, RH! A strange thing is that I got on the forums and could not figure out what arrow or whatever everyone else was talking about about. For some reason the comic I was looking at had not updated yet. (Shrug) Oh, well, it has now. And those brownies are very coolo looking. I don't know why but they seem really cool. Tootles! Have a good day everyone!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEE!
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
- Madmoonie
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2215
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
- Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
- Contact:
Cool!! I am offically a "lurker"! WOOT! (does a little jig until everyone stares and gets embarrrased.) Tootles!
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
am I the only one thinking about the Ewoks from Star Wars?
just a thought...
just a thought...
The only sovereign you can allow yourself is reason...
Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light.
-Terry Goodkind
My livejournal: http://kaarn.livejournal.com/
Faith and feelings are the darkness to reason's light.
-Terry Goodkind
My livejournal: http://kaarn.livejournal.com/
-
Squirrelly61104
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 376
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
- Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?
Jumpin Jiminiy
Heh.
Maybe Quentyn could give the little gnomes a real thrill and use his journey boots to do a few jumps of his own.
That oughta impress em!
And, hey, it looks like the sword is almost out of the shop!
Any bets on a last minute twist?
Just for the record, I try to imagine the brownies talking in really deep, deep voices. Sort of James Earl Jones type.
And I thought the translation for today was: you put the lime in the coconut, you drink it all up. You put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.
Maybe Quentyn could give the little gnomes a real thrill and use his journey boots to do a few jumps of his own.
And, hey, it looks like the sword is almost out of the shop!
Any bets on a last minute twist?
Just for the record, I try to imagine the brownies talking in really deep, deep voices. Sort of James Earl Jones type.
And I thought the translation for today was: you put the lime in the coconut, you drink it all up. You put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
-
Ransom Returns
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:00 pm
gummie bears
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Gummie Bears.
-
LoneWolf23k
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
-
LoneWolf23k
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Re: Jumpin Jiminiy
You know.. ...I'm almost expecting that sword to spontaneously develop sentiance anytime now.. ...with that "Commercial speech" enchantment becoming it's voice...squirrelly61104 wrote:Heh.
Maybe Quentyn could give the little gnomes a real thrill and use his journey boots to do a few jumps of his own.That oughta impress em!
And, hey, it looks like the sword is almost out of the shop!![]()
Any bets on a last minute twist?
"I am... ...your sword, Questor."
- Starfury
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
- Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
- Contact:
I never found the ewoks annoying....
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
- Bo Lindbergh
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: 59°20'N 18°03'E
Gnomish is similar to many other language games.
In the general case, each consonant is doubled and a 'u' is inserted between the two copies.
Special cases:
Vowels are left unchanged.
In the general case, each consonant is doubled and a 'u' is inserted between the two copies.
Special cases:
- 'c' => 'cash'
- 'h' => 'huch'
- 'r' => 'rug'
- 'w' => 'wash'
- 'wh' => 'washuch'
- 'y' => 'yub'
Vowels are left unchanged.
That last scene has gotta be the cutest warpath I've ever seen...
Visionmeld Comics
Zen and the art of the Bunny
Zen and the art of the Bunny
It's a code language similar to pig latin, called "Double Dutch"Bo Lindbergh wrote:Gnomish is similar to many other language games.
In the general case, each consonant is doubled and a 'u' is inserted between the two copies.
Special cases:(Other candidates for special treatment are 'ch', 'j', 'q', and 'x', but they haven't occurred yet.)
- 'c' => 'cash'
- 'h' => 'huch'
- 'r' => 'rug'
- 'w' => 'wash'
- 'wh' => 'washuch'
- 'y' => 'yub'
Vowels are left unchanged.
b - bub
c - cash
d - dud
f - fuf
g - gug
h - huch
j - jug
k - kuk
l - lul
m - mum
n - nun
p - pub
q - quak
r - rug
s - sus
t - tut
v - vuv
w - wash
x - xux
y - yub
z - zub
That's going to be an "added value" feature in the questor stories from now on... every "foreign language" is going to actually be a code or wordgame. Thus far, you've decoded the runes, and the gnomish tongue. I have to go and develop a 'language' code for the Gragum now, of course... so don't be surprised if they're talking different when they're seen again.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert