Guess Who...
- Mikhail Dragoslav
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:14 pm
- Location: New York
Guess Who...
Unless Sanctuary City suddenly became infested with Bog Dragons, I'd guess that little Nessie and her pet have come to visit our favorite Questor. I really hope he didn't lose his eye. The Moshe Dayan look isn't for him.
There is something to be said for competent silence.
-
Persephone_Kore
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:45 pm
-
Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
- Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.
- Dalak Lutra
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:43 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
So did I, but I mostly found it funny because I stated earlier that nessie would probably be at sanctuary city by now.Persephone_Kore wrote:I have to say, his expression on finding the bog dragon sitting on him is somehow really funny.
Oh and in the last comic I knew squidge would come back for his shinny gold ring that Quentyn never gave him.Pfffft no one ever belives my last opinion...
For some reason I was expecting this little twist of fate and I'm sure quite a few others have. What, pray tell, could happen next? Panic? Well, maybe on normal circumstances but our Questor has been up against things slightly more...scary than this little bog dragon.
But then again, who can be sure when you're dilerious and coming back from being half-dead.
DUDE 8) Nessie's back!
But then again, who can be sure when you're dilerious and coming back from being half-dead.
DUDE 8) Nessie's back!
- Starfury
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
- Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
- Contact:
Well then... Here's my take on it...
Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
Last
You know I've been missing her. The whole scene where she knocks down the mudgullet is still one of the most powerful in the series. second only to when Quenton pronounced himself a quester to the soothstone.
There is STILL the mystery of what the frog mage -saw- when he keened her, his expression says there was something, but no mention was made after that. So many story bits that are delightfully wonderful and still yet untold.
I've been waiting for this point for some time, and I'm glad that at least a piece of it may have arrived.
There is STILL the mystery of what the frog mage -saw- when he keened her, his expression says there was something, but no mention was made after that. So many story bits that are delightfully wonderful and still yet untold.
I've been waiting for this point for some time, and I'm glad that at least a piece of it may have arrived.
Last edited by Dragoncry on Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may be jumping the gun just a little there...starfury wrote:Well then... Here's my take on it...
Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
I'm curious to see how this reunion plays out - especially the next strip, given that Nessie didn't acquire Oggy until after she was rescued by Quentyn, and waking up with a bog dragon on your chest could be mildly disconcerting...
As for what the frog mage saw, I think it's pretty clear that he received at least a glimpse of her amazing abilities.
When trouble arises and things look bad, there's always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is insane.
- SolidusRaccoon
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3046
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: Outer Heaven
Well, this is an interesting turn of events.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
-
Squirrelly61104
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 376
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
- Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?
Guess who's back
Well, either Nessie is back, or they use some really nice meds in Rac-Conan hospitals!
Plus, I wouldn't count on young Nessie being too fickle just yet. That girl has one strong will, and while she is, of course, too young to seriously start thinking about beaus just yet, Quentyn still has a few years to go, too.
For a teenager, a few years differance seems considerable. When they're both in they're twenties, it might seem less so.
On the other paw, I gotta agree, a Colin/Nessie relationship seems... right. Friendship-wise at least.
Plus, I wouldn't count on young Nessie being too fickle just yet. That girl has one strong will, and while she is, of course, too young to seriously start thinking about beaus just yet, Quentyn still has a few years to go, too.
For a teenager, a few years differance seems considerable. When they're both in they're twenties, it might seem less so.
On the other paw, I gotta agree, a Colin/Nessie relationship seems... right. Friendship-wise at least.
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
- SolidusRaccoon
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3046
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
- Location: Outer Heaven
I remember when I had my cornea trasplant, I was in trippy land for a while.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
I get the feeling you're going to be right.Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
If I'm wrong, then it's your fault, too.
"If life hands you lemons, kick the lemon farmer in the shins."
Hehehe. Funny.
Hehehe. Funny.
-
Ringcaat
- Newbie
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:16 am
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Contact:
Agreed!
Congratulations on calling those two predictions, Darak!
I suppose it's natural that either the frog mage or any expert they might have gone to see in Sanctuary would have been alerted by the messenger, and have gone to see what was happening. So of course Nessie would tag along!
Nessie and Colin! I suspect you're right about that...but they're still a bit young for it to have much meaning. Wait and see.
I suppose it's natural that either the frog mage or any expert they might have gone to see in Sanctuary would have been alerted by the messenger, and have gone to see what was happening. So of course Nessie would tag along!
Nessie and Colin! I suspect you're right about that...but they're still a bit young for it to have much meaning. Wait and see.
This signature has been left empty to heighten your anticipation.
- Starfury
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
- Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
- Contact:
Like I said, its a while coming... But I want bragging rights when it comes out, so I said it. (Come on, its the first time I really get a chance to make a prediction, ok? I'z gots ta, I'z just gots ta say it... )
Cornea transplant? They can DO that?
Cornea transplant? They can DO that?
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
-
Ransom Returns
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:00 pm
- Starfury
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
- Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
- Contact:
Ransom Returns wrote:But don't you guys see? 8)...
...Death by Fanboys (and girls)!!
Ack! Not the Fanboys (and girls)!!
Ahem...
A group of oddly dressed Boys and Girls burst into the room...
"Nobody expects the Fanboys (and girls)!! Our main weapon is persistance... Persistance and Surprise... Two, our two main weapons are Persistance, surprise, and Fear... Three, our three main weapons are Persistance, Surprise, Fear, and Absolute Loyalty! Four! Four main.. Oh drat. Forget it."
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10
-
Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
- Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.

