Doc
Beer!
-
ZOMBIE USER 11786
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
You used to ride from Steven's Point to Mosinee? Geez.Joey and I used to ride our bikes up to that A&W in Mosinee
Acutally I lived in Mosinee (off 3rd St & Pine), then moved to Steven's Point (actually Park Ridge). I never thought about riding to Mosinee. Thats like 20+ miles. Then again I never thought of riding to Wausau from Mosinee either.
1919 on draft. It was really good.
BTW I found a site Root-Beer.Info http://www.root-beer.info/, that has reviews on Root Beer. Some of the lower (D or F) grades the reviews are pretty funny. I don't agree 100% with the guy. He gave Mug a C. I would have given it a D- at best. He gave A&W out of a can a C, which I do agree with, and he gave IBC a C-, I would have given it a C+. And he gave Natural Root Beer a B, I don't think I would have rated it that high.
First, root beer. 1919 is not A&W. It's brewed by the Schell's brewing company in New Ulm, MN, and only available draft at restaurants. You won't be seeing it in the stores any time soon. I do hope that Point RB makes its way to the Twin Cities where I am, sometime soon as I am rather fond of root beer. Stewart's RB isn't bad (bottled in Colorado) and I do like IBC, but 1919 is my favorite.
Now, beer. I've never tried Point; although, I did read about it in an old issue of The Badger, a late '80s comic about a psychotic superhero with some rather odd friends, published by the late lamented First Comics of Madison. He tried some point and had a rather vivid hallucination as a result. Hmmm...psychotic having hallucinations and realizing that he's hallucinating...twisted.
Anyway...
Now, beer. I've never tried Point; although, I did read about it in an old issue of The Badger, a late '80s comic about a psychotic superhero with some rather odd friends, published by the late lamented First Comics of Madison. He tried some point and had a rather vivid hallucination as a result. Hmmm...psychotic having hallucinations and realizing that he's hallucinating...twisted.
Anyway...
LostJonny
The darker side of the light side.
The darker side of the light side.
- Hbomb
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
- Contact:
Mock tourists? I thought that was just a Florida thing.thefiretrap wrote:I think you can only get good root beer here cuz there's nothing else we really do in Wisconsin besides mock tourists and watch football.
-H
Snowflake Studios, home of "Jerry Little", "Rainy Day Comics", "Scarlet, P.I.", "47 Meatballs", and more. Storming on the internet since 2000.
- BJ
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1875
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Stevens Point, WI USA
- Contact:
Ooops!
Motorcycles. It's okay--20 miles on a bicycle? We're not THAT crazy! 8)IanShot wrote:I never thought about riding to Mosinee. Thats like 20+ miles.
Been drinking the new Point root beer--it's pretty good! It's got a neat little aftertaste that I really like. Alas, not as good as the ren fest stuff, but pretty close. Now: if I ever find it on tap, we'll see for sure.
-
ZOMBIE USER 11786
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- Zodo
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Lafayette, Indiana USA
- Contact:
Re: Ooops!
Yay for thread resurrection. Here's where I saw the discussion about Point Root Beer. ON my third bottle now,BJ wrote:Motorcycles. It's okay--20 miles on a bicycle? We're not THAT crazy! 8)IanShot wrote:I never thought about riding to Mosinee. Thats like 20+ miles.
Been drinking the new Point root beer--it's pretty good! It's got a neat little aftertaste that I really like. Alas, not as good as the ren fest stuff, but pretty close. Now: if I ever find it on tap, we'll see for sure.
and it's darned tasty. Almost, but not quite, as good as Sprecher, but it has jumped up to a solid #2 on my
list.
Oh, and I just got done riding 28 miles on my bicycle.
But you all knew I was crazy anyway.
-Zodo, CI
Consummate Troublemaker
King of the Forum