final versions

Postby GregCartoonist on Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:55 am

Excellent! I see that today's cartoon was one that the readership had some input on. (nasty preposition at the end of that one- ah, well) <P>I like the final version quite a bit! Scott, is this yours, after careful consideration, or was it suggested- I don't recall the thread very well, so maybe someone sent it verbatim? Or did you edit?<P>Nice final piece, either way.
GregCartoonist
Regular Poster

Postby Scatman on Fri Jan 25, 2002 11:41 am

Thanks, Greg.
All of the input helped me look at this gag in different ways, but the final version is my own creation.<P>Funny thing is, after I stuggled with it, this is the version that came to me as I was shuffling to let my dog out at about 3:00 AM.
I guess it's possible to think too hard about something, and the best ideas sometimes come when you're not really trying.
Scatman
Regular Poster

Postby Ronski46 on Sat Jan 26, 2002 3:13 am

I think the 1/25 gag works fine, no matter the source, Scott. I'm <I>assuming</I> you're both talking about the 1/25 Home Fries.<P>Hey, I get some of my best ideas during my weekly shower, but I think they come from struggling beforehand. You prime your little brainy cells with lots of related thoughts, but they say to you, "Hey, I'll give you the gag when I'm damned good and ready. Why don't you go take a shower now, Gomer."<P>------------------
Ronski
<A HREF="http://public-eyes.com" TARGET=_blank>Public Eyes</A>
Mon/Wed/Fri!
Ronski46

Postby Scatman on Sat Jan 26, 2002 7:30 am

My imagination often suffers from the same malady as my golf swing: paralysis by analysis.<p>[This message has been edited by Scatman (edited 01-26-2002).]
Scatman
Regular Poster

Return to Home Fries