Changed Dialogue?

Changed Dialogue?

Postby Quantum Alchemist on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:14 pm

*squint*

Did the dialogue in the last panel change at some point, or am I hallucinating?

(Note: the latter is a possibility, since I've been working Way Too Fucking Many Hours due to my asst. manager being arrested and then fired.)
Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Postby Guildenstern on Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:06 pm

No, no, you're right. Used to read something like:

Sirrus: Lemme guess, millenial daemon spawn?

Eddie: Huh?

Sirrus: Right, I'm gonna call you Meatshield.
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Jackiesfridge on Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:41 am

Yeah, I did a "buh?" there, too.
Jackiesfridge
Regular Poster

Postby Zerethkat on Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:01 pm

... Oh, I get the earlier dialouge now. It was a reference to those stoner demons working in the burger joint who were the failed result of an attemp to breed an army.
Zerethkat

Postby Mirober on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:10 pm

I decided to change the Millenial Seeding thing, since the scene in which I would have explained it got dropped. Figured it was a bit too obtuse a reference for now. Plus I feel he comes off a bit creepier now.

(P.S. For those curious, Damien is a derisive term for demonseed; Rosemary is the female equivalent).
Mirober
Regular Poster

Postby Acolyte on Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 pm

"Damien" and "Rosemary" might be insulting, but I bet "Jersey" is the "n-word" of the demonseed.
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:29 pm

(P.S. For those curious, Damien is a derisive term for demonseed; Rosemary is the female equivalent)

Did that come from somewhere, or did you make it up? If you made it up, how did you make it up? Damien I can see, but Rosemary? :o
I agree with the dialog change, I've been reading for years and I didn't get the reference. :oops:
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby Acolyte on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:09 pm

Rosemary must be a reference to Rosemary's Baby, a classic horror film I've never seen but which I know of by reputation. Rosemary is the mother in this movie and not the offspring, but the name is so closely associated with demon spawn that it's natural here.
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Postby Mirober on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:11 pm

Seafog the 3rd wrote:
(P.S. For those curious, Damien is a derisive term for demonseed; Rosemary is the female equivalent)

Did that come from somewhere, or did you make it up? If you made it up, how did you make it up? Damien I can see, but Rosemary? :o
I agree with the dialog change, I've been reading for years and I didn't get the reference. :oops:

Made it up. Damien is in reference to The Omen, Rosemary to Rosemary's Baby. Basically, two movies which involve evil baby's.
Mirober
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina