That sounds like a story...

That sounds like a story...

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:26 pm

Wrestling with the end of the storyline; it's keeps shifting around on me (I think I've settled on a final version).

You'll have to tell us about the process you went through. I'm very curious to know what the story was going through in your head.

I also finished watching Tenchi Muyo GXP. It was a bit uneven, and had some 'TV series' repetitiveness that I wish wasn't there, but it was still mostly Tenchi and it was good. Added a bit to the universe background which I was glad to see, plus some of the small detail nonsense that no real universe could possibly contain as well. Now that I know who the director was I'm especially suprised it stayed as true to the Tenchiverse as it did. Excel Saga is not something I'd be looking for on my directors resume. Plus he has a seriously crazy 'fro. :o Adding the robot from the show Dual was certainly a twist, too bad they didn't do a bit more with it. Seeing it talk to its modern relatives would have been nice.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Re: That sounds like a story...

Postby Mirober on Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:16 pm

Seafog the 3rd wrote:You'll have to tell us about the process you went through. I'm very curious to know what the story was going through in your head.

::Types::

Matt: No, that sucks.

::Types some more::

Matt: Meh.

::Type III: Beyond Thunderdome::

Matt: Who rules Bartertown!?!
Random Giant: WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP ASKING THAT AND GET OFF MY FREAKING HEAD!?!?!?

::Gets confused, starts Tipping::

Matt: Take that, ya stupid cow!
Random Giant: HA-HO!!

Now, me and the Random Giant travel the countryside, tippin' cows and fightin' crime! And that's the story of why I can never return to India.

I also finished watching Tenchi Muyo GXP. It was a bit uneven, and had some 'TV series' repetitiveness that I wish wasn't there, but it was still mostly Tenchi and it was good. Added a bit to the universe background which I was glad to see, plus some of the small detail nonsense that no real universe could possibly contain as well.

Agreed. Prefer Tenchi, but thought this was an interesting side-line. Amused by the general attitude of "Screw it: we know our anime genre. Let's just inundate this poor sonuvabitch with women!!!"

Now that I know who the director was I'm especially suprised it stayed as true to the Tenchiverse as it did. Excel Saga is not something I'd be looking for on my directors resume. Plus he has a seriously crazy 'fro. :o

Nabeshin was the director for this? Cool, didn't know that.
Mirober
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina