Startling resemblence

Startling resemblence

Postby Acolyte on Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:17 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this demonseed looks a lot like the main character -- what was his name? Gil? -- from the old Fish Police comic?
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Postby Mirober on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:59 pm

Oof ... I vaguely recall the television show, didn't know there was a comic. Probably shouldn't admit it, but inspiration for his character design actually originated from me flipping through one of my Monster Manuals (I think it was Creatures of Rokugan).
Mirober
Regular Poster

Postby Acolyte on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:21 pm

Mirober wrote:Oof ... I vaguely recall the television show, didn't know there was a comic.

There was a television show? Oh well...

Yeah, it was part of the indie comic explosion back in the '80s. Started up about the same time as TMNT, IIRC.

O' course, back in my day we didn't have none such monsters in our Monster Manuals. And we hadda carve out our own d20s! Out of soap! (It wasn't that bad -- but back then a d20 was usually numbered 0-9 twice, and you had to color in one set of faces to tell which was 1-10 and which was 11-20. This was because they hadn't yet invented the d10, it not being a Euclidian solid, so your d20 had to do double duty.)
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina