You have no idea of the horror...

You have no idea of the horror...

Postby Acolyte on Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:07 pm

This is just like when the mad scientist says, "No! I am invincible!" just before the hero vinces him.

Or when a Bond villain starts the countdown to setting off the device that will gain him world domination. It just means that Bond has escaped from his conveniently air-conditioned cell and is even now crawling through an air duct to sabotage whatever's about to happen.

Or when the Dark Lord has the Forces of Light right where he wants them and is preparing to deal them their deathstroke, that just means some sneaky midget is about to destroy his source of power in the one place in the entire known universe where this is possible, which for some reason is completely unguarded.

I mean, the result is just inevitable.
Acolyte
Regular Poster

Re: You have no idea of the horror...

Postby Bushipunk on Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:52 am

Acolyte wrote:This is just like when the mad scientist says, "No! I am invincible!" just before the hero vinces him.

[SNIP]

I mean, the result is just inevitable.

I don't think the horror he's speaking of is intended to originate with him. I'm still wondering what these fellows were actually up to, since they never did get around to telling us that part.

Of course, the girl with the knife seems to side with you.

Nice reverse etymology, by the way.

Bushi
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina