Itai yooo.......::THUD::

Postby Mokonapuff on Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:10 pm

Does anyone else have that cough/throat/headache/weakness virus that's been going around? Ugh, I've had it for three weeks, and I can take it no longer! Half the school's got it, and since they won't let us outta school for sickness (not enough teachers down), we just keep passing it around. ::whine:: Mah throat huuurts....::cough::
Mokonapuff
Regular Poster

Postby CyberCorn Entropic on Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:08 pm

On 2002-02-22 17:10, Mokonapuff wrote:
Does anyone else have that cough/throat/headache/weakness virus that's been going around? Ugh, I've had it for three weeks, and I can take it no longer! Half the school's got it, and since they won't let us outta school for sickness (not enough teachers down), we just keep passing it around. ::whine:: Mah throat huuurts....::cough::

You're going to hate this, but I'm going to recommend the ultimate germ-killer. It is a broadspectrum anti-bacterial agent (kills all types of harmful bacteria; as a bonus, it strengthens helpful bacteria at the same time), an anti-viral agent, an anti-fungal agent, and an anti-cancer agent. The ancient Romans swore by it as a stimulant. In Russia, it's called the "poor man's penicillan". In America, the medical industry doesn't want you to know of its capabilities.
And what is this wonder thingy that you're going to find hard to swallow?
Garlic. Raw cloves of garlic. As much as you can choke down. Sure it makes you stink, but I'm sure being sick stinks even more. Get the raw stuff from the supermarket with big cloves (but not the weaker elephant garlic hybrid). Also get a drink of some kind (I've found V-8 Splash works very well).
Cut the cloves (at least three a day; preferably six, but I'm not counting on your wanting to go that high) into bite-sized chunks. For each chunk, fill your mouth with the drink. Do not swallow yet. Pop a chunk of garlic in your mouth and chew it up as best as you can. Once the garlic is in swallowable chunks, gulp the whole mouth concoction down. You don't need the juice for the garlic to work, but I added it to help protect my mouth from the sting of the garlic juice.

I told you you'd hate it. But I tell you this in case you hate being sick even more.
"The more you observe politics, the more you've got to admit that each party is worse than the other." ~ Will Rogers
CyberCorn Entropic
Regular Poster

Postby Mokonapuff on Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:13 pm

Actually, I love garlic, but yeah, your method is gonna be a bit hard to swallow. Not to mention that Mama will kill me for making the house stink.
Mokonapuff
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7262 on Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:41 pm

Ugh. Garlic would kill me right now. :grin:

Just reporting in...my teeth came out fine (except for one that wouldn't come out for half an hour! finally thay took a chisel and hammer to it, split it in half, and then dragged it out...the thing had FOUR roots).

I'm in only mild discomfort, and the swelling's under control. (Overnight, on the other hand...)

I'm on the mend. :grin:
ZOMBIE USER 7262
Regular Poster

Return to Gene Catlow