Page 1 of 2

VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:30 am
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
Piago Rabbintlov of AntiBunny by VinnieD

Image
"What am I doin' in this girly getup?"

Image
"Now that's more like it. Mah bellybutton is just too dern cute not tah show off."

Large versions of both pictures: formalwear and swimwear

Interview Responses

Best skill/talent:
She thinks it's driving but she should stick to playing the guitar.

1. What is the best present you ever received?
Piago: These goggles were a gift from mah mama. I never take 'em off. Just ask the boyfriend.

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
Piago: I'd drive around town and totally freak people out since it'd look like mah Vespa was drivin' by its self.

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
Piago: I once wanted to be the next Easter Bunny. I figured I'd drive a motorcycle and get all the eggs delivered even faster. Plus I'd only have to work once a year. Never could figure out how ya'd go about applyin' fer a job like that.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




The Assistant from Island Hopping by IVstudios

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Image




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Shannon Epstein (age 17) of Quantum Cadet Shannon by spaceprincess

Image

Image

Larger version of first image & topless version of second image: formal and swimsuit (nsfw)

Interview Responses

Best skill/talent: brazilian jiu jitsu, Anything Quantum

1. What is the best present you ever received?
um... lets just say it takes batteries

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
boys barely notice me now, why would I want to be less visible?

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
that when I grow up I'd be tall and have big boobs.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Sammi from Ride the Wind by RobboAKAscooby

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Image




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Shannon Epstein (age 11) of Space Princess by spaceprincess

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Best skill/talent: intergalactic hi-jinks, being a smart ass

1. What is the best present you ever received?
best present: a nuclear powered headband

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
raid a chocolate factory, then swim in the vats of chocolate

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
I'm 11, everything I believe is silly




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Dory Hansel of MoonCrest 24 by Derek Dragomir

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Image

(fourth panel continued) "It was called “the dancing star” and It came with a little story booklet. It was about a girl who was desperate to be the main character of a ballet dance by the same name, so she could impress a young man she had fallen in love with. One day she was approached by a witch who told her she could make her wish true for a price. The girl readily agreed without knowing that what the witch was really after was her beautiful face. The witch stole her beauty and turned the girl into a faceless music box doll and threw the box at the stars so that no one would find it. For decades the box drifted in space with the girl in it until one day when it suddenly opened and started playing the music from the Dancing Star ballet. Startled by this, the moon felt the girl’s wishes through the music and cast a spell on it. “If a handsome young man with a pure heart were to ever come across this box and be deeply moved by its sound, the witch’s spell would be broken.” And with that the moon sent the box back to earth where it has been passed around from hand to hand."





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Jenna Muñoz of 8 to 1 by Yeahduff

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Best skill/talent

Image

"I paint."

1. What is the best present you ever received?
"On my nineteenth birthday, a girlfriend in college got me an engraved flask. It has definitely made a family function or two much more bearable since then."

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
"Eh, I always opted for flight with this question. I don't get how invisibility is desirable. I mean, why do something if no one will be able to see you do it? But I guess if you need an answer, I'd probably do something mundane like shoplift or get free airfare or something."

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
"Back when I was in Catholic school I got it into my head somehow that in heaven, all the females had to wear pleated skirts and all the males wore slacks. Like, it seemed to matter so much to the nuns, they had to be dictating God's wishes directly, right? If it was that big a deal to dress like that just to be in school, heaven's gotta be much stricter, is how I saw things. So all these cartoons with the white robes and harps and stuff? They got it all wrong. All sweatervests, all the time. My mother would just pat me on the head when I insisted this was the case."




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Raven Svoboda of Lowest Common Denominator by Hi-bry

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Best skill/talent: "Trying to find a legitimate story that would affect as many people as possible in a small market, shooting and editing it by myself, writing it so that the average eighth-grade educated television viewer can comprehend it, putting it together in a package less than a minute-and-a-half long so that the 40-year-old housewives in Bugtussle won't change the channel out of boredom... all while doing it in 3-inch heels." [LCD, Oct. 8, 1998]

1. What is the best present you ever received?
"On Valentine's Day, every male employee at my station sent me roses. I had to take enough Claritin to knock over an elephant. But one co-worker, Marty, had contacted my mother to find out my favorite pig-out food. Mom sent him a recipe for kolaches, a kind of Czech sweet roll. Outside of Prague, Oklahoma, you can't get a good one. Of course, you could buy Hostess Sweet Rolls and be lazy about it. But Marty made me kolaches from scratch. Filled with cherries and topped with chocolate sprinkles. That's how a guy treats a girl."

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
"I would go to Washington, go up to every member of Congress, and give each one a good smack on the back of the head. I would go further, but my political rants wouldn't be appropriate in this forum."

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
"That those who got into journalism did so because they could make a difference. That's a bad reason to get into it. Technology has blown that out of the water. Look at all the uprisings in the world, and see how those people with cell phones, Facebook and Twitter have made a difference. And all those were regular people, not formally trained traditional journalists. If you really want to make a difference, invent something new, find a cure for cancer, help at a shelter."




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Clarabelle Galen of Loud Era by VeryCuddlyCornpone

Image

Image

Interview Responses

Image



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Captain Sera Besh of Forsaken Stars by Forsakenstars

Image

Image

Interview responses:

1. What is the best present you ever received?
My pop gave me a vr-controlled solar sail ship. I must have flown that thing until it burnt out. No wait, I think I flew it into a sun. Yeah, I was mad.

2. If you could be invisible for 24 hours, what would you do?
If I were invisible, I would personally kick so much bureaucratic ass that they wouldn't need chairs anymore so that they would get off their butts and DO SOMETHING!

3. What's one silly belief you had as a child?
Silly belief? That I was going to be a world famous ballerina and singer. Competing against Delven, Fairien and Crystallins though, it's easier to break an Ohm Horde Blockade than rise through their ranks.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:52 pm
by IVstudios
In it to win it! Or something like that.


...


Go The Assistant!

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:28 am
by Derek Dragomir
Just a small correction on my entry. Her name is Dory, not Dorothy.

This looks great! Can't wait to see the outcome.
Good luck!

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 am
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
Derek Dragomir wrote:Just a small correction on my entry. Her name is Dory, not Dorothy.

This looks great! Can't wait to see the outcome.
Good luck!
Oh my god, so sorry!! Why did I keep thinking it was Dorothy?? It's right there in the image... hold on.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 am
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
And PS- Shitfuck, can everybody vote again? I added in an option and it deleted the preexisting votes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 pm
by Adorabledesolation
I cannot resist the power of sparkles

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:00 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
SO MANY GOOD CHOICES D: this is a tough decision to make :(

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:07 pm
by RobboAKAscooby
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:SO MANY GOOD CHOICES D: this is a tough decision to make :(
If you're having trouble deciding I'm sure others around here could help you :lol:

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:10 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
RobboAKAscooby wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:SO MANY GOOD CHOICES D: this is a tough decision to make :(
If you're having trouble deciding I'm sure others around here could help you :lol:
:lol: I have chosen, although I may end up changing it (I did leave that option). I don't feel quite like voting for my own in either contest, because I already know I like them, so my votes don't matter :P Besides the fact that I really like getting to know everyone's characters a bit better in this contrived circumstance.

Sad face...

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:10 pm
by Spaceprincess
Wow only 8 votes so far... :( kinda makes all the work seem worth while.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:11 pm
by Forsakenstars
Can we talk about the pageant on our sites? Can regular folks vote? Can we tell our friends?

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:10 am
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
Forsakenstars wrote:Can we talk about the pageant on our sites? Can regular folks vote? Can we tell our friends?
1. yes! 2. they would have to register first, unfortunately. 3. yes!


man o man, look at the pageants of yesteryear. So many votes back then, stupid oldbies droppin out

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:25 pm
by Yeahduff
Oldbies are the worst.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:03 pm
by VinnieD
I'm plugging this thing on my twitter, though convincing people to register for forums is kind of difficult.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:42 am
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
OH GOD IT'S A TIE

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm
by Adorabledesolation
DUN DUN DUUUUN.. . . The winner is to be decided by creamed corn wrestling.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:02 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
Well, unless we want to have a tiebreaker smackdown, I am going to go ahead and make fanart for both, and crown TWO Ms. ComicGenesees for this year. Beautiful work from everyone! Thank you to allwho participated and voted!

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 am
by Yeahduff
TIEBREAKER!!!!!!!!!!

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 am
by Yeahduff
Oh fuck, definitely assumed someone else tied. Thanks guys, great work all around.

Re: VOTE for Ms ComicGenesis 2011!

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am
by IVstudios
FIGHT TO THE DEATH!! :twisted:

Or we cold draw some pictures. Either one.