Page 1 of 2

What's your excuse

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 pm
by VeryCuddlyCornpone
a) For not getting your work done at a timely time
b) For not fixing things that you (and perhaps others) percieve to be wrong with your art
c) For not posting here more often




I'll start:
a) I got distracted by a Stephen King book, have a trillion things on my DVR I "need" to watch, and we just got a piano and I suddenly am obsessed with the chord progressions
b) I have bad depth perception and I don't think I see colors the way you're supposed to. And sometimes, just sometimes, I draw something over and over and get so tired of it that I say "Well Poppycock" and just draw it any old way. Also I like to blame the scanner and/or the paper I'm using.
c) I wish that there were more people here. And sometimes I worry that I post too much already.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:53 pm
by Killbert-Robby
I play by my own rules
I don't even use your predetermined answer-order

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:00 pm
by Ahaugen
Alcohol is my anti-drug ... oh wait ...



alcohol is my anti-drug!

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 am
by Wendybird
a) it's my writer's fault!
b) got to keep on schedule.
c) I'm frigging busy DRAWING!

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:06 pm
by K-Dawg
I actually have a life.

Filled with social engagements, work, and friends. As well I am on a two year quest to drop about 60 pounds. All of these things combined make doing a webcomic near the bottom of my "to do" list.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:45 pm
by Koad
I have a job... :cry:

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm
by Killbert-Robby
K-Dawg wrote:I actually have a life.

Filled with social engagements, work, and friends. As well I am on a two year quest to drop about 60 pounds. All of these things combined make doing a webcomic near the bottom of my "to do" list.
You are so full of lies. You're bringing the cheetos to the next DnD session right? Jim's mum is making rice crispie treats and bringing soda, it should be loads of fun.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:18 pm
by Bustertheclown
Not really into cartooning these days. I can't say I've moved on, but I'm definitely more into the other applications of my drawing talents.

Also, I'm comparatively not terribly active 'round these parts, anyway.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:40 pm
by Bobadventures
Koad wrote:I have a job... :cry:
Ditto!

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:54 am
by Alias Pseudonym
I missed two updates because I was unexpectedly in Northern Saskatchewan for two weeks. Didn't know I was going till like, the day before.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 pm
by Lianweijun086
a) No real excuse. It's just a hobby, really. When I have time, I love to do it, but being unemployed is a full time job. I have to stay on my feet and search constantly for new opportunities.
b) One of the reasons I draw the comic to begin with is to improve my artistic ability. Not only that, but to track my progress. If I went back and fixed stuff, I wouldn't really get to see a before/after.
c) I think I post here quite often, actually. I read everyday and post when I see fit!

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:48 pm
by McDuffies
a) job and many loose ends in my life that I have to deal with before dedicating myself seriously to comics
b) see a)
c) huh?

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 pm
by Redtech
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:a) For not getting your work done at a timely time
b) For not fixing things that you (and perhaps others) percieve to be wrong with your art
c) For not posting here more often
a) Porn, 4chan, porn, 4chan, 4chan porn...
b) Because I suck! I do need to spend more time practicing, on the other hand, I don't want to fall into the trap of trying to make every comic THE BEST PAGE EVAR!" I'd rather save the epic for when it's due. It anything, I am trying to tone it down a little so I can make more time for more strups.
c) Porn, 4chan, porn, 4chan, 4chan porn...

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 pm
by NaniNani
A) Going through emotional cycles. For two days it's all "this comic's turning out ok. This is fun." Then the next two day I'm all "This is TERRIBLE! I'm a horrible writer and a terrible artist! Why won't I get better? I am in despair!" So I play Zelda for two days and then I'm soon back to phase one and plugging away on my comic and art. It never ends...

B) I won't fix mistakes in past comics because it's a record of my improvement, so the flaws must stay! But I constantly experiment to try to fix the most recent problems (Like my lack of skill in using color)

C) I've been here 3 years and have 20 odd posts. I'm not a talky type of person in any format.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:45 pm
by Lostmind
a) I don't really have a valid one.
b) Noone comments to or about me.
c) I never know what to say.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:46 am
by Ti-Phil
a ) I do updates and if I can't I leave a picture explaining why.
b) Doing 3 pages a week plus a 40 hours job in a studio plus a girlfriend gives me less time to put time on my art.
c) I only speak if I have something to say.

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:41 am
by BionicDance
A) A major case of the Don't Wannas™.
B) The artwork is correct and looks as I intended; not my fault if it isn't to your taste, ya uncultured swine!
C) Ain't nobody talkin' about stuff I find interesting. Believe me, I'd love to chat more!

...take these answers with a grain of salt about the size of a phonebook; I'm mostly tryin'a be funny. ;)

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:10 pm
by Spaceprincess
A) lazy
B) lazy
C) fat and lazy
D) 42

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:22 am
by Toreador
a) so far it was simply matanence after some codeing issues (took me a few days since im HTML retarded!)
b) im still developing my art so ill get to it! maybe....sorta...
c) im on like 6 or 7 other fourms!

Re: What's your excuse

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 am
by Cxm
a) I'm lazy.
b) see 'a'
c) see 'b'