Page 1 of 7
Whats Your Excuse For Not Updating Often Enough?
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:49 am
by Unknown Hero James
Mine's sloth.
Well, not really. It's stress, actually. After a long day like today I just like to sit back and take a nap or somthing. After that it's homework, eating, and staring at a blank panel layout begging me to fill it in.
Weekends are the only time to get any work done (real, creative stuff, not homework), but genetics make me incomprehensibly lazy on weekends (did I spell that right?).
So it's a host of things, really. I just kinda want to hear from you guys so that I don't feel to bad about myself.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 am
by Garneta
Well, I've cut back on updates, but that was only because it started taking more time to do each strip; and I lost my buffer. It wasn't that big a cutback though. Now I update twice a week instead of three times.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:26 am
by Jae87
definatly WoW for me
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:27 am
by Swimmingtrunks
Haha, this is my kind of topic, unfortunately. I'm so bad I really haven't been able to set a steady update schedule.
I am currently working toward a BFA in illustration, and despite what some people may believe, it's pretty intense and monopolizes more time than even I expect. After assignments I'm usually pretty worn down- both mentally and physically. So, when I finally don't have a bajillion art projects due and I can work on my comic, sometimes it's very much "What? I have to do MORE art now? I'm going to use my free time to DRAW MORE things OF MY OWN ACCORD??!?!"
And then sometimes, my roommate tells me to play more Twilight Princess so she can watch.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:43 am
by Dutch!
Haven't had a need to make one yet.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:44 am
by MinekaC.
My exscuse is time restraints.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:53 am
by Kasaii
Usually, braindeadness mixed with laziness.
When I have time, I rarely want to make more than one comic. Then, when I come out of my busiest days (Sunday and Wednesday nights) I'm sometimes too burned out to make anything, and there's no update.
Also, if I ever miss two updates in a row, I almost always miss three or four. Inertia is a powerful force. It saddenly me greatly, but it's true.
Used to be, I never, ever missed an update. Such fondly remembered times...
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:19 pm
by Perk_daddy
I'm married with 3 kids and have 2 jobs, and am currently in the process of buying a house. Free time to draw? What's that?
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:26 pm
by Elegant Gremlin
Quality Control. I don't want to start putting up comics I'm unhappy with just to make an update.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 pm
by Dr Legostar
Legostar: no excuse, i update 5 days a week without fail
Shenanigan: Not whipping my artist hard enough.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 pm
by Black Sparrow
I used to have slow updates, because of, as Gremlin said, "quality control." I went all-out with shading and light effects...
...then I got lazy and stopped caring about the coloring. Now, I'm up to five days a week just to compensate.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:45 pm
by TheSuburbanLetdown
Work. There's a period every month in wihch I am the last person to leave the building, only to do more work at home. My pages take a long time to do and I refuse to lower the art quality.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:54 pm
by Noise Monkey
Baby.
I have no comic that I'm updating, haven't for a year, but I have an idea. BUT, all my energy is going to the baby and, even when I get the impulse to work on the comic, I'd rather hang with the boy.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:20 pm
by Mo
I have a life outside webcomics.
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:27 pm
by Mvmarcz
i am a full time uni student who has to also do class observation and just got a job
Also other life-like things
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:27 pm
by Warofwinds
I'm in my senior year of a bio degree with a concentration for pre-med.. aka--life.
I spend too much time on my comic as it is.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:28 pm
by Black Sparrow
Mo wrote:I have a life outside webcomics.
IMPOSSIBLE!
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:35 pm
by NotQuiteInsane
Partly laziness, partly 'too much other stuff to do', mostly 'damn, my drawings suck'.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:35 pm
by Noise Monkey
Black Sparrow wrote:Mo wrote:I have a life outside webcomics.
IMPOSSIBLE!
Technically, none of us live in comics...
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:47 pm
by Garneta
Life outside of comicking? Can't possibly exist!
I would've counted the concert tomorrow as outside of comicking...but we're going to it with the Kolters.