Page 1 of 1
Split off from "Nervous about starting" thread.
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:22 am
by Gildedtongue
Don't do it. Avoid it at all cost.
If you decide to actually put it up, avoid telling people for as long as you can. This goes double if your style isn't consistent with the favoured Manga/DBZ look, then you can really forget about it. Any jokes should remain consistent with America's love for fecal humour. Either pay someone, or spend the next few months learning HTML and make sure all your menus are in Flash. Also, don't even consider creating a story since people are just here to look at the pictures.
That's all I've learned, I hope I've helped.
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:26 am
by K-Dawg
Gildedtongue wrote:Don't do it. Avoid it at all cost.
If you decide to actually put it up, avoid telling people for as long as you can. This goes double if your style isn't consistent with the favoured Manga/DBZ look, then you can really forget about it. Any jokes should remain consistent with America's love for fecal humour. Either pay someone, or spend the next few months learning HTML and make sure all your menus are in Flash. Also, don't even consider creating a story since people are just here to look at the pictures.
That's all I've learned, I hope I've helped.
Do I sense a touch of bitterness?
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:29 am
by Kasaii
Gildedtongue wrote:Don't do it. Avoid it at all cost.
If you decide to actually put it up, avoid telling people for as long as you can. This goes double if your style isn't consistent with the favoured Manga/DBZ look, then you can really forget about it. Any jokes should remain consistent with America's love for fecal humour. Either pay someone, or spend the next few months learning HTML and make sure all your menus are in Flash. Also, don't even consider creating a story since people are just here to look at the pictures.
That's all I've learned, I hope I've helped.
Man, get over it already.
Oh noes. Someone told you that you weren't perfect, in a review, that you WILLINGLY ENTERED. Seriously. I try to be sympathetic, but you are going out of your way to take offense, and dragging it into another thread just to take out your frustration on someone who wasn't involved is really, really low. I am ashamed of your antics on your behalf.
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:40 am
by Gildedtongue
Kasaii wrote:Oh noes. Someone told you that you weren't perfect.
Perfect? I have no delusions of expecting a perfect review. I was somewhat hoping that there was one redeeming feature and I didn't just waste eleven months. But, I know I'm the bad guy here and this'll all turn into some sort of meme you'll laugh about in a year or two.
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:47 am
by Black Sparrow
Gildedtongue wrote:Kasaii wrote:Oh noes. Someone told you that you weren't perfect.
Perfect? I have no delusions of expecting a perfect review. I was somewhat hoping that there was one redeeming feature and I didn't just waste eleven months. But, I know I'm the bad guy here and this'll all turn into some sort of meme you'll laugh about in a year or two.
THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID.
I'm getting really fed up that this is the reaction my review gave you. Stop emoing for a minute and
read what I actually said.
And btw, I did say you had a redeeming quality. Your gags. You have a talent for gags. Now stop whining and start practicing, because the only way to get really good is with time.
Sorry for steering the thread off topic.
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:50 am
by Killbert-Robby
Gildedtongue wrote:Kasaii wrote:Oh noes. Someone told you that you weren't perfect.
Perfect? I have no delusions of expecting a perfect review. I was somewhat hoping that there was one redeeming feature and I didn't just waste eleven months. But, I know I'm the bad guy here and this'll all turn into some sort of meme you'll laugh about in a year or two.
My writing sucks, and did you see Dragon Kingdom's review? That shit was soul-less. You're in the world of pro's here. Don't bitch about it. Instead, keep your head down, work on your stuff, and every once in a while pop you head up and go "LOOKIE! I'M GETTING BETTER!". If I posted my first comics, we'd all have a huge laugh about it. You're not the bad guy, you're the guy who put himself in a position to learn something, and, figuritavely speaking, started hurling the furniture at your teacher who graded your homework.
Moving on, where was I? Right :
Do it. You'll learn, and evolve. Once your stuff gets better, you can even redo the old stuff or delete it altogether, but you have to get into the habit of doing your work regularly, so do it
now before you start going "mmmm, next week..."