My name is, well, irrelevant ... but the reason I draw your attention today is that in a very short time I will be joining your ranks and be in the midst of creating a webcomic. Now, I'm not one to say if my comic is going to be good or not, but I think that if nothing else it will be something you can go "oh how cute!" at for about five seconds before you move on with your much-more important lives.
Such is the way of the fluffy.
In any case, I thought I would ask a few simple questions that I know wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be on the FAQ, since I have your attention. Besides, you may feel generous enough to indulge me, and that would make me smile THIS big.
1.) Do you think a comic has to follow a certain genre in order for it to keep a steady audience, or is it okay for me to mix things up? I know it means a less-entertaining comic than the usual turn-a-phrase variety, but I seriously doubt my ability to regurgitate a gagline everytime I post.
I'm thinking my comic will be more of an everyday life type of comic, which I fear will be too boring to be worth reading.
2.) What happens if I find out, somewhere down the line, that my comic is copying something or breaking some copyright law? I don't plan on following after anything, even remotely, but I'm halfway afraid of getting in trouble for something like that. Because my luck is sometimes just THAT bad.
3.) When I upload my first few images for the comic, they're going to be pictures from my phone of the characters I plan to star in my comic and other such randomness pictures to entertain people until I get my storyline straightened out. Is this acceptable, or will I get in trouble because the first few aren't exactly going to be a "comic."
The reason for camera phone images is the fact that I don't have a scanner at the moment.
4.) Yes, I am really actually, truly and honestly in the U.S. military. This means I may have a relatively long period of inactivity due to being stationed in a place where there is no ready internet. In the FAQ it says comics with less than 3 pages will get deleted after a time. What about those with more? Is there a time period I need to worry about when making my updates?
Thank you all for your time and patience, as well as your answers (if you have any). I don't mean to get any admins or moderators into this discussion, in case they think that is what I want. I want to ask regular users and CG Forumers specifically, because if I find they don't have the answer, then I will move on up to the next level. It's a miltiary thing. We work with our equals before submitting questions to our superiors. Saves the superiors a lot of time.
I hope to meet all of you in the near future!



























