Page 1 of 2

Online Comics Day

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:07 am
by Anywherebuthere
Question,

Was I the only one to notice today is online comics day?

Cheers,

Jason

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:08 am
by Dutch!
Dunno. Out of the two of us you are.

At five minutes past five it was also 05:05 on 05/05/05...

Online Comics Day will come around next year...you won't see that arrangement of numbers for another hundred years. :)

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:12 am
by Anywherebuthere
Ironically, I read your message at 5:55:50...according to my watch.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:13 am
by Anywherebuthere
Oh,


And you're quite wrong about that.

5:55:55 5/5/05 will happen again...in about 12 hours.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:46 am
by CaptainClaude
Not on a twenty four hour clock.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:14 am
by McDuffies
Well... congratulations everybody.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:00 am
by Dutch!
anywherebuthere wrote:Oh,


And you're quite wrong about that.

5:55:55 5/5/05 will happen again...in about 12 hours.
Ah...but you see, it had already happened here, so your 05:05 on 05/05/05 is nothing more than a pale imitation...

And unless there's a Kiwi or someone from the far reaches of eastern Siberia, then there's nothing you can respond with, so nyer! ;)

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:14 am
by Col
In 2055, it'll be 5:55:55 on 5/5/55.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:16 am
by Odd1
There should be an Online Comics Millisecond. I'm guessing it would probably get more attention.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 am
by Joel Fagin
Odd1 wrote:There should be an Online Comics Millisecond. I'm guessing it would probably get more attention.
*blinks and misses it*

- Joel Fagin

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 am
by Phalanx
The only thing I noticed today was that it was Operating Systems Exam Day :(

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:40 am
by CaptainClaude
Joel Fagin wrote:
Odd1 wrote:There should be an Online Comics Millisecond. I'm guessing it would probably get more attention.
*blinks and misses it*

- Joel Fagin
You also missed black history millisecond and St. Patrick's millisecond

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:42 am
by Subhuman
Wasn't today Free Comic Book Day or something?

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:46 am
by Warren
This is the first year since I started webcomicking I haven't commented on the occasion, and only because I'm in the middle of a storyline.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:47 am
by Keffria
Subhuman wrote:Wasn't today Free Comic Book Day or something?
I think that's this Saturday (the 7th)...?

Holidays? Bah. I didn't even mention International Mole Day this year.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:28 am
by Terotrous
http://creatorz.keenspace.com/

I commented on it, of course. Seeing as how my whole comic is about webcomics I couldn't very well ignore the occasion.

The boys responsible for the OCD 2004 page seem to be trying to get something going, but with the lack of publicity I doubt it'll be that much.

Re: Online Comics Day

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:34 am
by Fading Aura
anywherebuthere wrote:Was I the only one to notice today is online comics day?
I don't think so. Howard Taylor tried to get something together (right here), but it hasn't fully materialized (like Terotrous said).

I drew a bonus comic for the event, but I doubt anyone will notice. :P

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:51 am
by Rkolter
Col wrote:In 2055, it'll be 5:55:55 on 5/5/55.
In another six years, we will have the luck of seeing our clocks change to:

11:11:11 on 11/11/11

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:23 am
by Turi
Today is Ascension Day, and Liberation Day (the day the occopying German troops capitulated in 1945) in Denmark and The Netherlands. Funnily, today is also called Liberation Day in Ethiopia, but they celebrate the liberation from the Italian forces in 1941.
Also, today is Children's Day in Japan and South Korea.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:51 am
by Odd1
Over here it's Independence Day. And I'm missing out on all the partying in order to write a few art history papers.