San Diego Comic Con

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

San Diego Comic Con

Post by Zph719s »

I read something over on the Keenspot forums that say they are going to the San Diego Convention July 14th-17th.

Are any of the Keenspace people going?
I'm going to be there, so I was just wondering...

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

I'm somewhat obligated not to go. My brother's wedding is on the 15th and I'm the best man.

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

That would be an awesome trip, but unfortunatley it's too far away for me to justify the expense.

User avatar
TrajediJill
Regular Poster
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:04 pm
Location: Warren, Rhode Island
Contact:

Post by TrajediJill »

I won't mind going but my Family is coming down to visit then so I'm stuck. I'll probably go Next year when my comics has been going for over a year and have some type of reader base unlike now because my comics haven't started.
~Trajedi

Forest Gump once said "Stupid is as Stupid does." I say all the time "Stupid people really shouldn't be left unsupervised at a bus stop."

User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by Zph719s »

I have a small reading base (very small), but the main reason I'm going is just to see everything. I'm not having a booth or anything. I don't think so, anyway...

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

I might be going. Only for one day though. It's a money issue more than anything. Let me know where you guys will be on what days. We'll do lunch for an ass-rapingly high price!

*makes the "my people will call your people" hand gesture*
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

Might still go even if I'm quitting the webcomic "business", specially if GW has some Warhammer or 40K tournaments. Plus, I want to see the scoop on the Robotech sequel.

Still, I know some of you people's ugly mugs, so I'll be avoiding y'all...

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

I'd go since it's close by, but I bet my family will drag me off on a roadtrip around that time. And not a roadtrip to San Diego :)

User avatar
ZorroandEster
Regular Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:18 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by ZorroandEster »

Assuming I am out of treatment i will be in Seattle. that's not far, is it? Man I want to go so bad. Does keenspace usually get a booth? We could like all share a little table or something! It would be like Full House, but with a table, and completely different.
Image
Image

User avatar
Ymmot
Regular Poster
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: who?
Contact:

Post by Ymmot »

I went last year and passed out flyers for my comic and made an over all nuisance of myself

it was the awesomest!

definitely going to try and go again this year being as I got me a brother that lives about an hour and a half away.
Image

User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by Zph719s »

Ymmot wrote:I went last year and passed out flyers for my comic and made an over all nuisance of myself
I think that's exactly what I'm going to do.
Keenspace table? Hmmmm...

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

Well, I am considering on going. It would be kinda cool to see some of you down there, as well as some of the Keenspotters. I'd only be able to attend maybe one or two days, probably a saturday or sunday. The rest of the days, I'm doing school.


However, I'm just wondering, will any of you be attending the Anime Expo over in Anaheim? I am currently in the process to find out if I am going to do a project there, but I can't say what at the moment. It involves my username (hint hint, there are clues).

I'll be posting once I'm sure if I can go.
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

I'll be hitting comic conventions in 2006 with my pilot for Mohawk (hopefully) and yeah... Won't be going to any until then.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Jen_Babcock
Regular Poster
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles/ New York City

Post by Jen_Babcock »

I'll be going- but not as an exhibitor. I went last year too, and although it was really crowded it was a lot of fun. I'm getting the four day pass. For people who need hotels, make sure you make reservations NOW- they go fast.
Image

Post Reply