Page 1 of 1

Ok McDuffies.... the Spare Change quiz answers!

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:27 pm
by Warren
You goaded me, now here it is. First one with all correct answers gets a fanart lovingly created by yours truly. Ten questions, no time limit.

How does Amy tenderize turkeys?

What complicated Phil and Trudy's relationship when they started dating?

What does James do for a living?

Who is Mr. Prickles?

Phil shares an office with what two characters?

Rhett has an annual party for which holiday?

How did Jen meet James?

How do Rhett and Dan spend their vacation?

Where does Dan work?

How would one describe Dan and Hannah's relationship?

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:38 pm
by Toxic
I probably will miss every single question, but here it goes:

How does Amy tenderize turkeys?
Sweet lovin'

What complicated Phil and Trudy's relationship when they started dating?
They discovered they were first cousins

What does James do for a living?
Telemarketing

Who is Mr. Prickles?
A plush hedgehog that resides on my computer's monitor

Phil shares an office with what two characters?
The women from "Absolutely Fabulous"

Rhett has an annual party for which holiday?
Hannukah

How did Jen meet James?
Online dating service

How do Rhett and Dan spend their vacation?
On the toilet from bad Mexican food

Where does Dan work?
Gay bath house

How would one describe Dan and Hannah's relationship?
Dominant/submissive

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:44 pm
by Mr.Bob
This has the potential to be a very succesful marketing ploy! Already I'm searching your archives for the answers!

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:03 pm
by Warren
TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:I probably will miss every single question, but here it goes:

How does Amy tenderize turkeys?
Sweet lovin'

What complicated Phil and Trudy's relationship when they started dating?
They discovered they were first cousins

What does James do for a living?
Telemarketing

Who is Mr. Prickles?
A plush hedgehog that resides on my computer's monitor

Phil shares an office with what two characters?
The women from "Absolutely Fabulous"

Rhett has an annual party for which holiday?
Hannukah

How did Jen meet James?
Online dating service

How do Rhett and Dan spend their vacation?
On the toilet from bad Mexican food

Where does Dan work?
Gay bath house

How would one describe Dan and Hannah's relationship?
Dominant/submissive
I get the feeling you're talking about a different comic.... ;)

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:47 pm
by McDuffies
Um... I'll get back to this!

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:12 pm
by JexKerome
Hell, Warren, no offense, but I just beat your signature's challenge this weekend and I can't answer any of those questions! Time to start taking them memory pills, I guess...

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:19 am
by Warren
JexKerome wrote:Hell, Warren, no offense, but I just beat your signature's challenge this weekend and I can't answer any of those questions! Time to start taking them memory pills, I guess...
D'oh! Ok, a hint would be that most of the answers are in the first year of the strip.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:28 pm
by G-Lode
I PMed you the answers warren, check em out :D

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:30 pm
by McDuffies
<<
>>
:oops:

Re: Ok McDuffies.... a Spare Change quiz.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:40 pm
by CJBurgandy
I'm going to feel bad because I really don't know... so here goes...
How does Amy tenderize turkeys?
by giving it a nice Papaya oil massage
What complicated Phil and Trudy's relationship when they started dating?
Trudy was still in love with CJ Burgandy
What does James do for a living?
He's a door to door salesman, who sells doors.
Who is Mr. Prickles?
shhh Trudy doesn't want people to know about that....
Phil shares an office with what two characters?
McDuffies and Toxic
Rhett has an annual party for which holiday?
St. Patties Day
How did Jen meet James?
He stepped on her contact while she was looking for it at a hockey game
How do Rhett and Dan spend their vacation?
They went to Alaska for skiing, but then found out there is no snow there in July
Where does Dan work?
He's the peculier purple pie man of porcupine peak
How would one describe Dan and Hannah's relationship?
Picture perfect

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:23 pm
by Warren
Just an update.... CJ, sadly none of your answers were, umm.... correct. (Although you and Toxic should team up for a killer strip!)

G-Lode has 9 out of 10 correct! Check your PMs, you're almost there!

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:05 pm
by MariaAndMichelle
We had gotten 9 of them by last night, but we gave up because we couldn't figure out how Rhett and Dan spent their vacation. :(

(Ah, well. We weren't gunning for the prize or anything, we just wanted to see if we could do it. :P It really is an ingenius marketing ploy, as Lord Bobley said, 'cause we've always meant to read Spare Change, but could never muster up the gumption to read such a huge frickin' archive. :wink: )


(...By the way, we love you, Warren. Spare Change is awesome. :D )

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:47 pm
by Warren
M&M, you could have sent it anyway! I'd give you a hint for where to look. Plus, I'm pretty lenient on the answer!

Anyway, we have a winner, G-Lode! I'll post the answers here tomorrow morning in case anyone else wants to finish the test on their own tonight.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:03 pm
by CJBurgandy
yeah... I probably would have done better had I read your archive instead of guess random things in hopes that I'm right.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 am
by Rkolter
I knew about five of 'em. :( Oh well.

Re: Ok McDuffies.... a Spare Change quiz.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:49 am
by Warren
And here are the answers.... thanks to everyone who tried their hand at this, and the entertainment of those who just made bold guesses!

How does Amy tenderize turkeys?
She hits things with them. Usually people.

What complicated Phil and Trudy's relationship when they started dating?
She was still married.

What does James do for a living?
He runs a cable tv station called "The Time Channel".

Who is Mr. Prickles?
Trudy's cat that she brought when she moved in.

Phil shares an office with what two characters?
Rhett and Jer.

Rhett has an annual party for which holiday?
Halloween (2000). 2001 2002 2003

How did Jen meet James?
Jen worked with Trudy, who introduced them.

How do Rhett and Dan spend their vacation?
This one was poorly worded, so I accepted any reasonable answer. The one I was thinking of was
Taking pictures of themselves in front of every WalMart they can find.

Where does Dan work?
Horizon Wireless.

How would one describe Dan and Hannah's relationship?
The most healthy description would be "stalkeresque."

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:08 pm
by McDuffies
Ok, Little White Knight quiz:

What's the name of the Little White Knight's servant?

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:13 pm
by Axonite
mcDuffies wrote:Ok, Little White Knight quiz:

What's the name of the Little White Knight's servant?
Sancho Panza? :)

Re: Ok McDuffies.... a Spare Change quiz.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:20 pm
by Cow!
Warren wrote:And here are the answers....
***ANSWERS***
aww.. pffft. I could have told you that..

besides, you still owe me for the fosters I gave you in the last comp.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:55 am
by McDuffies
axonite wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:Ok, Little White Knight quiz:

What's the name of the Little White Knight's servant?
Sancho Panza? :)
No...