ATTN: Interested in a Spacer get-together in Washington DC?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

Mercury_Hat wrote:Okay, it would be possible to push the date up from the 30th to something like the 27th (a Monday), or maybe the week prior on the 23rd? I'm not too keen on going for mid July, but it's always a possibility. The thing is just that Tim (?) said he got vacation time around the end of June/beginning of July.
Sorry to throw a wrench into the works, but as I learned today, my vacation time falls for the weeks beginning July 3rd and 10th, so if I were to venture down, it'd have to be more toward the mid-July thing. :-?

I do appreciate you pretty much basing the arbitrary date on my schedule, though. :)
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

Well you were the only one who had any real restrictions on the date at the time of my decision. Okay, July 3 to the 10, but Kelly said Anthrocon runs from the 7th to the 10th giving us the 3rd through the 6th. This really gives us the 5th and the 6th to play around with since the holiday crowds ought to have subsided by then. Of course it can always be from the 6th to whenever, this'd just mean that Kelly'd only hang around the 6th.

So how does the 5th and/or 6th sound? It'd be nice and in the middle of the week, the 6th is a Wednesday.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

Also note too that I said the week beginning the 10th, so the 11th through 17th are possibilities as well. I know you said you wanted to avoid mid-July...I just wanted to remind you there are a few more options (for me, anyway), in case restricting it to JUST the 5th/6th doesn't work out or something.

Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Grabmygoblin »

17th is my birthday >_>

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

Tim wrote:Also note too that I said the week beginning the 10th, so the 11th through 17th are possibilities as well. I know you said you wanted to avoid mid-July...I just wanted to remind you there are a few more options (for me, anyway), in case restricting it to JUST the 5th/6th doesn't work out or something.
Ooooh, I thought you meant the 3rd to the 10th. I don't get a reading comprehension medal today. So that would be the 10th through the 17th, then? That gives us the 11th through the 17th.

So how does any date between the 11th and the 17th sound, guys?
ImageImage

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Tentatively sounds all right... the later we get into the summer though, the greater the chance we'll be in New Hampshire >____<
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

Little bump. What about you other guys who wanted something closer to mid-July? This date sit well with you all? The 11th is a Monday, the 17th is a Sunday. We could try for something more in the middle of the week when there will very few crowds around. I'd like to hear from everyone who has kinda-agreed to attend, even if it's just a "Yup, that's fine by me" post.

So we have Tim and Maria & Michelle all agreeing to the date for the most part. Everyone else's input, please!
ImageImage

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

the 11th through the 17th would be fine for me.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

Okay bumping this up. War's going to be in the country around the last week of June and the beginning week of July. Not sure when he's leaving, but I think it'd be somewhere around the 5th, 6th, something in that area. So we could all meet up some time in that time frame from, oh I guess the 27th to the 4th or 5th. Now of course the 4th is right out, DC would be packed. The weekend before would be crowded but doable. Any time during that week would be possible as well.

Not sure if we could pull off the meet up for lunch thing, but we could just sit around the Mall and... draw in each others' sketchbooks or something. Hell we could set up a picnic if y'all wanted to. Frisbee, football, whatever.
ImageImage

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Potluck-style picnic?
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

MariaAndMichelle wrote:Potluck-style picnic?
Sure, something like that could work I guess. How about people bring their own main food of what they want to eat and then bring snacks or something for people? Like everyone bring your own sandwiches for yourselves, but share a bag of chips, cookies, drinks or something.

It wouldn't quite be a cookout, but it could work!
ImageImage

Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Post by Kris X »

That works out really well actually. I could go visit my relatives, then hang with you guys, then go see Jax. Perfect. :D
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero

Post by Spriteville, USA »

I could possibly carpool this event actually. I live in Mass and if I were to go I'd be driving there. I own a big 'ol soccer mom van too. Don't consider me down as positive for anything yet though.

Leko
Cartoon Hero

Post by Leko »

Damn you east-coasters and all your living-close-together-ness. :evil:
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

As I mentioned before, my vacation starts around then, so the best time for me would be that weekend, July 2nd or 3rd. Depending on how things go, I may consider staying a few extra days, so I don't have to fight traffic or anything.

And I like the idea of just grabbing a picnic spot on the Mall. Tossing Frisbees, playing KeenCards, whatever. :)

Spriteville, where in Mass?

Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Post by Kris X »

Tim wrote:As I mentioned before, my vacation starts around then, so the best time for me would be that weekend, July 2nd or 3rd. Depending on how things go, I may consider staying a few extra days, so I don't have to fight traffic or anything.

And I like the idea of just grabbing a picnic spot on the Mall. Tossing Frisbees, playing KeenCards, whatever. :)

Spriteville, where in Mass?
Not a huge frisbee fan. :P

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

Kris X wrote:Not a huge frisbee fan. :P
Neither am I, really. But it was mentioned, and it seemed like a nice outdoorsy thing to do. I wouldn't mind museum stuff either.

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

It just occurred to me that hotel reservations for that weekend are going to be tight. People planning on getting a hotel should start making plans pretty soon, I guess :-? .

Edit: Guys needing hotel room(s) should see about getting together with others who are planning on going. You could always share rooms/cars with people. There are plenty of hotels in my city right on both route 1 and I-95 so it's not like it'd be terribly difficult to find your way up to DC from there.
ImageImage

The Chill Clan
Regular Poster
Location: You know that feeling when someone is watch you? Yeah that's me..

Post by The Chill Clan »

Yup!

"Less talk, more Violence!"

Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Post by Kris X »

For once, I don't need a hotel. :)