Page 1 of 2

Plug your comic in Berkeley!

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:47 pm
by Taiwanimation
Student Art Publishing, the comics club I started last year, is now in its 2nd year and we're ready to go for Issue #4!

For those who'd rather plug in print, Issue 4 is scheduled for a 7,000 copy print run, grayscale, distribution on October 7th. I can work out ad sizes for any budget, so ask away!

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:12 pm
by [AOD]
Hmmmmmmm... mind doing a favour for a fellow Berkeleyan?

?~AOD

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:52 pm
by Taiwanimation
Hmm, help us distro it around town, and we'll give you a free ad, dimensions 3.75"x1.25" or 3.75"x2.5" depending on space. 1050x375 / 1050x750 grayscale graphics file.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:57 pm
by Toxic
Taiwanimation wrote:Hmm, help us distro it around town, and we'll give you a free ad, dimensions 3.75"x1.25" or 3.75"x2.5" depending on space. 1050x375 / 1050x750 grayscale graphics file.
Can I get a free ad if I distro around San Jose? :P

BTW, is Student Art Publishing sold at UC campuses only?

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:27 pm
by Taiwanimation
Sure, that sounds like a good plan.

Also, it's not sold, it's free and supported by the ad revenue, plus some other sources. 95% of distribution is around UC Berkeley, but we are trying to expand it elsewhere.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:34 am
by Toxic
Do I get a fancy sounding title? Preferrably something like "Editor of San Jose Affiliate".

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:49 am
by AndrewTaylor
How much space will I get for a shiny British penny?

(Or, at a stretch, a grubby British tuppence?)

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:53 pm
by Dr.Otto
---Contact me (andrah@hotmail.com) regarding rates, if you would.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:35 pm
by [AOD]
Taiwanimation wrote:Hmm, help us distro it around town, and we'll give you a free ad, dimensions 3.75"x1.25" or 3.75"x2.5" depending on space. 1050x375 / 1050x750 grayscale graphics file.
Okay, sure. Just tell me the info I need to know ( where you guys ARE, when to get the goods, etc.) and I'll distribute it if I can.

@~AoD

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:32 am
by Pockybot
whoah, cool to see other bay area peeps...yeah Telegraph Ave rocks.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:52 pm
by Kensou X
*strokes ghoati in thought*

hmm....distro eh? I'm sure I could do that easily here at my school. And a free ad? Now you're speaking my language.

Whoa

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:03 pm
by Zph719s
What are your rates for starving college students?

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:10 pm
by Taiwanimation
They're half that of normal rates, we've got some cheap deals such as $12 for a 3.75"x1.25" or 25 for a 3.75"x2.5". Ad buyers also get 10 issues mailed free of charge.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:54 pm
by Dr.Otto
---What's the biggest ad space/rate you've got?

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:51 pm
by Taiwanimation
Full page for $175. Of course you could always go for a two-page spread.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:58 pm
by DEVO-Bot
When's the deadline? Feel free to e-mail me at jtyburke[at]stanford[dot]edu, I don't come here as often as I should...

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:05 pm
by Toxic
Taiwanimation wrote:Full page for $175. Of course you could always go for a two-page spread.
In full colour.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:57 pm
by Seriocity
If I see that word "Berkeley" again, I will shoot myself until I'm a bloody bloody pulp at max and at the least, dead.

Let's just say I didn't have a 100% cool experience there last week and leave it at that.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:53 am
by Toxic
UCB is out of the running then?

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:05 pm
by Taiwanimation
Bums? Fratboys? I just try to ignore them. Or were you referring to the blackout on southside?