Page 1 of 9

SF Bay Area Get-Together-Cooky-Outy-Thingie-Event

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:48 pm
by [AOD]
It seems like a lot of us here at Keenspace are from the San Francisco Bay Area. Perhaps it'd be fun to get together one time and meet each other, like all these other schmoes and their crazy cookouts in their remote locations like "St. Louis" and "New York". Maybe eat some cake. Or something.

What do you guys think? Are there even enough of us? I know of at least two others who live thereabouts - Kensou and Toxic. Perhaps this list can grow?

?~AoD

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:13 pm
by [AlmightyPyro]
I'm from Texas... does that help?

Re: SF Bay Area Get-Together-Cooky-Outy-Thingie-Event

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:22 pm
by Pockybot
[AOD] wrote:It seems like a lot of us here at Keenspace are from the San Francisco Bay Area.
There are? cool! As you can tell from my location, I know 'the city' well.
Crap, Ive practically made the Sony Metreon my adoptive home.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:21 am
by The Chill Clan
Given enough time to prepare some funds, I would like to try and make it to this one too. Does this make me the official keenspace cookout whore?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:34 am
by Heffaloop
Yes. You whore.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:39 am
by The Chill Clan
:D JOY!! :D

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:23 am
by Rkolter
Definately a cookout whore. But, a fun loving cookout whore.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:46 am
by McDuffies
Slut!

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:58 am
by YarpsDat
The Chill Clan wrote: Given enough time to prepare some funds, I would like to try and make it to this one too. Does this make me the official keenspace cookout whore?
heffaloop wrote: Yes. You whore.
rkolter wrote: You whore!
And you said I was the only one!
;)

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:07 am
by Toxic
An SF spacer get together? Sounds fun.

SF Comic-Con Cookout?

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:57 am
by Fading Aura
[AOD] wrote:Perhaps it'd be fun to get together one time and meet each other, like all these other schmoes and their crazy cookouts in their remote locations like "St. Louis" and "New York". Maybe eat some cake. Or something.
Schmoes? Granted, we're comic geeks who enjoy torturing each other, but schmoes? :P

Just an idea: If you were able to schedule it a day before or after Comic-con, you might be able to snag a few 'Spacers that will be in the area anyway. Although, you might not want a get-together that large (and the notice would be rather short).

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:37 am
by CJBurgandy
You're getting closer to me, but I think SF still might be a little far away for me.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:51 pm
by [AOD]
Fading Aura: I think that might be a good idea. On July 26-27th maybe? This'd be good for me, too, as I've got to go on a vacation with the family on August 1st.

Burgandy: Where do YOU live? Concord? Monterey? San Jose?

To All:

Since it seems like most Spacers from the Bay Area seem to be from 'Frisco, it's probably the most fair to you guys that we get together there. Only I'm not exactly sure what would be a good place - I'll leave that up to you folks to decide. Maybe somewhere down at the beach or perhaps in Golden Gate Park?

?~AoD

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:02 pm
by Orion
Alaska

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:08 pm
by CJBurgandy
[AOD] wrote:
Burgandy: Where do YOU live? Concord? Monterey? San Jose?
Anchorage, Alaska.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:44 pm
by Nightgaunt
[AOD] wrote: Maybe somewhere down at the beach or perhaps in Golden Gate Park?
Bonfires at the beach seem to be popular with some people, but usually in the evening and you'd be subject to the capriciousness of the weather.

Golden Gate Park has some nice areas, and some bbq grill thingies that can be used... if you dare.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:51 pm
by McDuffies
cjburgandy wrote:
[AOD] wrote:
Burgandy: Where do YOU live? Concord? Monterey? San Jose?
Anchorage, Alaska.
I bet he wasn't expecting that answer! :D

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:54 pm
by CJBurgandy
mcDuffies wrote:
cjburgandy wrote:
[AOD] wrote:
Burgandy: Where do YOU live? Concord? Monterey? San Jose?
Anchorage, Alaska.
I bet he wasn't expecting that answer! :D
Why not? It says it right under my avatar.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:54 pm
by Ghastly
SF Bay Area Get-Together-Cooky-Outy-Thingie-Event

Am I the only one who momentarily read that as "cock-outy-thingie-event"?

Yep, if anywhere was going to have an even that involved outing cocks, it would be the SF Bay area.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:23 pm
by Kensou X
Yes, no and yes. That's right! I went there!

Yeah, I'm not too sure about a good locale within the city to do this thing. Umm...beach and/or park sound good to me. I could scout some places maybe but it's getting close to school time for me again.