Once again, it's Picture Time

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
William G
Regular Poster
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:37 pm

Post by William G »

I'm pretty much a caramel and chocolate prefering sort of fellow, but vanilla is lovely as well.

I like ice cream.

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:
We all look up to Ghastly as the father we never had.

Wanna pay for my college? :P
He's too young to be my father.

Though I often think of him as the bitter ex-band-member-who-never-returned-my-goddamn-distortion-pedal-and-shielded-patchcords I never had.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

That reminds me... I've got some busted guitar effects pedals here I was going to fix for a friend.

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

William G wrote:I'm pretty much a caramel and chocolate prefering sort of fellow, but vanilla is lovely as well.

I like ice cream.
And now you have me thinking about badger claw ... that stuff is good. Chocolate ice cream with caramel swirl and chocolate covered peanuts ... *drools*

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Post by BOMC »

cjburgandy wrote:I was in Alaska, waiting ever so calmly for you to reach a legal age.
Then you should have been here last december, defending my honour! or at least defending my lack of skin pigment!
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

*feels ashamed and slinks off to the corner*
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

It's pretty shame that so similar people like us are scattered all over the world. They should have a kind of special school for children who show talent for making comics.
No, I mean, really. Back in high school I would've really use someone to boost my ego like you gals did in this thread.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

When we're all rich and famous from our comicing endeavors, we should set up some kind of pretentious comic institute.
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
Coyotzin
Regular Poster
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Contact:

Post by Coyotzin »

I'm Hispanic, even my state of paleness induced by a geeky lifestyle looks tan compared to caucasians :wink:

User avatar
Cow!
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
Location: The Great Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by Cow! »

I will not mention any names as I did not ask permission to tell this story. I am going to tell it tho. cos its slightly relevant and i feel like posting.

I know this person. Lets call him.. ahh.. James. Yeah. James is a nice neutral every-man kind of name. Good. AHEM..

James is not good with the schooling stuff. Reading, writing, maths, etc. Not really things he cares for. James however was a gifted artist. So James was taken out of High School where they taught the "important" stuff and put into TAFE (thats.. sorta.. college for my Overseas Spacers) years before he should have been allowed to attend by normal standards. Here he did all sorts of different "arts" classes that had nothing really to do with conventional schooling.

How cool is it that a kids who can't count up to 11 without taking off his socks now has SEVERAL degrees in different aspects of education, even tho he never finished High School.

Meh. I like that story. Gives us lesser smart people a bit of hope.

Anyway.. Here in Oz we actually HAVE schools simillar to what you are talking about. Sort of. In a way. kinda.

...

what!?
Image
"Trying hard.. to take it easy"
Slack As
"Hold on to your Lunch Money!"
School Spirit

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Now all we need is for this pageboy to get himself a job with these arty degrees, eh?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Cow!
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
Location: The Great Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by Cow! »

He HAS a job thankyou! He does a Web-Comic! its a good one too!

Ok, so sure the pay is lousy.. but the hours are perfect for him and at least when he is say 137 years old or something he kan say to the great grand kiddies "This is what I did when I was a lad" and hand over some cool pocket PC os some desctiption where they can look on his comic and admire it and say "I want to be a web-comic artist too great grandpa Jimmy"..

I'd like to see an accountant try THAT trick.
Image
"Trying hard.. to take it easy"
Slack As
"Hold on to your Lunch Money!"
School Spirit

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

It's not too late for pictures, is it?

People always give me funny looks when I show them this one:
Image

This is me after converting a photo to comic form (complicated procedure I use for making my comic because I can't draw. I'll explain later if anyone cares) and then coloring it.
Image

Another:
Image

Edit: And because it's late and I can't sleep, the original photo (shrunken to save space) used for the previous image.
Image
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

^^^
that's a cool idea
Image

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Hey, Kris decided to post here again.

Anyway, I always get the jeer, "Hey there Casper."

*Grumble* Funny people, Funny people! Let the comic make the jokes, don't quit your day job. I can see most of my veins and proud of it, let's me know I'm still alive. :lol:

Which brings me a bit off topic. If you say something funny, why do some people have to say, "Haha, she's like..." and then repeat your joke. Well duh, I just said it.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:War, I love you.
gotta love the chainsaw.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:War, I love you.
Is it like, "War, I love you, please don't kill me"?

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Kris X wrote:Anyway, I always get the jeer, "Hey there Casper."
Wha? You don't look like Casper...he...oh...you're talking about the ghost, eh?

Not our Casper...oh...okay...ignore me.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

Holy crap! I almost missed out on a photo thread, how can this be?! Damn my sudden college productivity drive! Damn it and my university prospects too!

So, uh, yes;

Image

That would be me on the left, with a pint of Carlsburg, being molested by my dad for wearing a head band and for drinking Carlsburg. A pox on you old man, stop molesting, I am the height of fashion! The very height!

Actually that's a lie, I now sport designer stubble which elevates me even higher. Mmmm, designer.

Also;
Evil Jamie! wrote:I was caugh off gaurd when I found this on my forum:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... dtimes.jpg
So, you know, I totally wrote about my life at some point.
Blimey! That's the exact same type of bench all London suburban train platforms use, to think people are vandalising the very same furniture I sit on, all the way on the other side of the world... Amazing.

Post Reply