Dunk the RedWolf! (Obligary Furry Admin Criticism thread)

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Locked
User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

I'd say StrRed does a fair-to-good job on his own. A big problem is that I don't know him really well (He has a comic? Since when does he have a comic? Why have I never seen this comic?) so when he shows up it IS a little like "Oh man, what is he going to change now and how long will the flame war last before we can have our nice, peaceful forums back?" I haven't MINDED most of the changes, but I have minded the out-and-out revolts that go on in here when something DOES change.

Personally, I kinda feel like StrRed has a Marie Antwonette thing going. Not the beheading part, but the forgen queen from Austria part. I don't feel like he really cares about us beyond his job, which may be wrong on my part. However, I don't know one way or another because he's never here unless there is an emergancy. And we've already had several sessions of "He messed up our happy life let's go tear his bed to pieces" so being a little more PR savvy might help. Stuff like this. :)

...

Oh, and...um...

will ya'll kill me if I said the lesbian avatar thing is starting to bug me a little?

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Kevin Wolf wrote:
mcDuffies wrote: Now I guess you'll have something to answer to this post too? Some "valid arguments", as you think? Replying to this will only show that you can't stay out of fight.
That's a pretty lame way to force somebody into letting you have the last word, McDuff...that's all I'm sayin'.
Yeah, I strongly agree here.

If bumping threads is so bad, then why did you do it, McD? You're being a hypocrite.

I didn't repeatedly attack the contest! I said the themes suck, a guy flamed me, I argued with him that I wasn't that harsh and could have been a lot worse, then whoever created the contest made some self rightous post about how he/she couldn't possibly be capable of flaming and how could I possibly think he/she would do that? I just rolled my eyes at that. The only thing that bothered me was Phactorri's post (btw, I swear I remember Phactorri saying "To clear things up, I'm a girl" or something to that effect). I complained about that.

It wouldn't have bothered me so much if he had been talking to my face, but instead he did that crap where he pretended I wasn't there and talked to someone else about me right in front of me. You ever have somebody do that to you? Like, if I just said to (insert forumgoer) "McD is a total jerk that nobody likes", how would that make you feel? When you insult somebody right in front of them, but speaking with someone else, that's basically saying you don't think they're worthy of talking to or hearing a defense from. I wouldn't have cared nearly as much if he'd said it directly to me.

Edit: Oh, three more things. He said I piss a lot of people off, like he was speaking for everyone.

And CW, how much is it bothering you? I can take mine down if you want.

If you don't mind my asking, why does it bother you? :P

And Wolf told me I could make my complaint and he wouldn't mallet me, McD, so that's what I'm doing.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Anyway, my biggest complaint is that I got sacked for doing things that everyone here does (btw, right now I feel you're borderline flaming me, McD). I might argue a lot, but that's a basic characteristic of me and I do it with everyone, even close friends. It doesn't mean I don't respect you. Everyone argues, everyone criticizes, and I don't think I bumped anything in the OT board. I remember a 900+ post thread, an 1100+ post thread, and a discussion about how much the forums can support.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

I'd just like to add that you probably could have provided a simple link to the old thread in question to demonstrate your point. Bumping them up for the world to see wasn't really necessary...
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

collapse wrote: And CW, how much is it bothering you? I can take mine down if you want.

If you don't mind my asking, why does it bother you? :P
Already hopped off that train. It was fun while it lasted (one evening).
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

collapse wrote:Anyway, my biggest complaint is that I got sacked for doing things that everyone here does (btw, right now I feel you're borderline flaming me, McD). I might argue a lot, but that's a basic characteristic of me and I do it with everyone, even close friends. It doesn't mean I don't respect you. Everyone argues, everyone criticizes, and I don't think I bumped anything in the OT board. I remember a 900+ post thread, an 1100+ post thread, and a discussion about how much the forums can support.
actually the reason why you got sacked was you were asked to calm down and you didn't. Admin saw that as an attack. Most people who flame on the board will calm down and stop when people ask them too.

now it kills me to back kelly up, but I have to on this one. Sorry.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

McDuffies doesn't bump up ancient threads like you did.

Plus I think it was mentioned before that it wasn't your actions, but how you presented them. Sam was talking civilly with Kelly and Kisai about the forum matter while you just went "LURR DE DURR LOOK OLD LONG THREADS I'M HELPING". It was your tone of arrogancy and immaturity that caused me and other people to point Kelly in your direction.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Kevin Wolf wrote:
collapse wrote: And CW, how much is it bothering you? I can take mine down if you want.

If you don't mind my asking, why does it bother you? :P
Already hopped off that train. It was fun while it lasted (one evening).
Mostly, it implies that sex is either occoring or about to occor. For some reason, same-sex couples kissing screams "sex" more than opposite sex couples kissing. probably because I've been desensatized to the male-female kiss.

And thanks for the offer. If you REALLY don't mind, I'll take you up on it. Just...makes it a little hard to browse the forums. Sorry.


CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

I knew eventually somebody would get bothered by it, and I told myself I'd swap it out as soon as it happened. That said, your explanation of why it bothered you confuses and disturbs me.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Maybe she's afraid she'll catch "the gay."
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

Same-sex kissing images are more likely to be found in pornography than in "mainstream" entertainment, therefore it is very likely that any random same-sex kiss image is in fact a prelude to sex. For instance, the two girls I briefly had in my avatar eventually get down to a good ol' naked, corn-syrup-covered, mutual masturbation session.

However, associating same-sex kissing so closely with sex seems to speak to the stereotype of gays as rampant sex maniacs, which is uncool.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Kevin Wolf wrote:I knew eventually somebody would get bothered by it, and I told myself I'd swap it out as soon as it happened. That said, your explanation of why it bothered you confuses and disturbs me.
Well...it's not exactly something I've figured out real well, either. I guess when I figure it out better, I'll let you know.

But thanks, anyway. REALLY thanks. More because you were nice enough to take it down and not make a really big fuss about it than for the taking-down part. :)

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

You would be surprised at the socially instilled stigmas that can be put in under the radar when you not looking. Or from when you're younger.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

I was going to jump on the bandwagon, but I decided not to.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

See, I find your avatar much worse than a couple of cute Japanese girls tongue-kissing. But I'm not going to ask you to change it.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Kevin Wolf wrote:See, I find your avatar much worse than a couple of cute Japanese girls tongue-kissing. But I'm not going to ask you to change it.
See, to annoy people, you don't have to jump on a lesbian avatar bandwagon.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

...can I pre-emptively apologise for starting it if this turns into another thing?

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

Thing? Huh?
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

collapse wrote:Anyway, my biggest complaint is that I got sacked for doing things that everyone here does (btw, right now I feel you're borderline flaming me, McD). I might argue a lot, but that's a basic characteristic of me and I do it with everyone, even close friends. It doesn't mean I don't respect you. Everyone argues, everyone criticizes, and I don't think I bumped anything in the OT board. I remember a 900+ post thread, an 1100+ post thread, and a discussion about how much the forums can support.
*sigh*
Ok. I give up. I was tryong to give you a good advice, not to argue with you. Go ahead and keep doing what you were doing before, but then don't ask why everyone hates you.

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

Could people take the lesbian avatar discussion to another thread? This is NOT the place for it.

My only beef with Striker is that he gets on chat while I'm doing homework so I never get to read what he has to say. Of course, when he does get on, it's usually a technical discussion with Kisai.

Locked