Question

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Question

Post by BassZX »

What's going to happen with the disclaimers on the bottom of all the pages that say "___ comic is hosted by Keenspace?" Are we going to have to change those ourselves or are the admins gonna do some mass html changing thing?
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4667
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: bat country
Contact:

Post by LibertyCabbage »

It'll probably be automated, but you can go this thread and find out how to easily change your site from Keenspace to ComicGenesis.

viewtopic.php?t=66857
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Thin ice, Bass.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

As far as I know all you'd have to do is change the text from "Keenspace" to "Comicgenesis" in your dailytemplate and indextemplate. Pretty easy.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

User avatar
Plothole
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: In the Kitchen.
Contact:

Post by Plothole »

Jackhass wrote:As far as I know all you'd have to do is change the text from "Keenspace" to "Comicgenesis" in your dailytemplate and indextemplate. Pretty easy.
...as well as any html document you may have in your /workspace/webpages/ .

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

^ Ah right...that too. For me that's only 3 extra pages or something though.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

yeahduff wrote:Thin ice, Bass.
All I'm doing is asking a question.

And while I'm at it, I can't access the admin area. I am unable to update my comic for today, the 22nd, and I have an update schedule. Normally I would have used the auto updater, but there was something preventing me from renaming the comic to 20050722. So now I have no update.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Plothole
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: In the Kitchen.
Contact:

Post by Plothole »

The siteadmin got left behind for some reason:

http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/ ... /login.cgi

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Thank god these questions have finally been asked for the first time.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

BassZX wrote:
yeahduff wrote:Thin ice, Bass.
All I'm doing is asking a question.

And while I'm at it, I can't access the admin area. I am unable to update my comic for today, the 22nd, and I have an update schedule. Normally I would have used the auto updater, but there was something preventing me from renaming the comic to 20050722. So now I have no update.
A question that's been asked and answered many times in different threads that involve the name change all over the forum.

I just used site admin, so I don't know why it doesn't work for you. See if there's a thread about it in Help, and if not, ask there.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Post Reply