Let's have an Art Show!
- Dutch!
- Red galah
- Posts: 4644
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
- Location: The best place on this little blue rock
- Contact:
Just because it says contest doesn't mean you have to aim to win to enter it...you can go in just to enjoy yourself...
You reckon the hundreds who join a marathon contest enter because they think they're good enough to win? I reckon most of 'em join cos it's more fun than staying home with the wife on a Saturday and being told to clean the yard...
Nah...contests can be fun as well...
You reckon the hundreds who join a marathon contest enter because they think they're good enough to win? I reckon most of 'em join cos it's more fun than staying home with the wife on a Saturday and being told to clean the yard...
Nah...contests can be fun as well...
- Warofwinds
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm
- Location: Beneath stormy skies
- Contact:
Here's a painting I did my senior year of HS, but it the digital cam was a piece 'o crap, so sorry about the blurriness:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... 8.jpg.html
This was a self-portrait, again, piece 'o crap camera:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... t.jpg.html
And this is a sculpture of one of my characters in his greyken form:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... y.jpg.html
....and I know you guys all love the top left part of this one. Don't deny it
There's the whole gallery... but those ones are my favs.
-Kez
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... 8.jpg.html
This was a self-portrait, again, piece 'o crap camera:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... t.jpg.html
And this is a sculpture of one of my characters in his greyken form:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... y.jpg.html
....and I know you guys all love the top left part of this one. Don't deny it
There's the whole gallery... but those ones are my favs.
-Kez
- Stinkywigfiddle
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3479
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Under your skin
- Contact:
- Stinkywigfiddle
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3479
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Under your skin
- Contact:
- Turnsky
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1488
- Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
- Location: Devonport, Tasmania
- Contact:
y'know what?.. i'll just post my favorite pics..
http://www.deviantart.com/view/6953607/ (this one had a 300 meg psd file, too)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/4875580/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/6360818/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5970615/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5017777/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/7607297/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/7496058/
take your pick
http://www.deviantart.com/view/6953607/ (this one had a 300 meg psd file, too)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/4875580/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/6360818/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5970615/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5017777/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/7607297/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/7496058/
take your pick
Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
I like http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/ the best, the lighting and shadow is really awesome.
I like http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/ the best, the lighting and shadow is really awesome.
- Turnsky
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1488
- Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
- Location: Devonport, Tasmania
- Contact:
i found them easier to draw.... getting better with humans, mind you.collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
thankscollapse wrote: I like http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/ the best, the lighting and shadow is really awesome.
- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:
Sweet.Joel Fagin wrote: The possession of Red Ring Rico by Dark Falz. That hi-contrast look was a signature style of mine for a while.
- Joel Fagin
Oh, here's some other stuff I've colored:

Everything on this page
If people only drew/wrote/sang about/painted what they found sexually appealing, this would be a sad world indeed, and probably populated entirely by whoever writes and draws for DC and Marvel. Vince Suzukawa of The Class Menagerie provides a good list of reasons in his FAQ page as far as why he chose to use anthropomorphic animals in his comic; some of them are also the reasons I draw them myself.collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
F'r'example, most of the time, people look at my drawings of people and see maybe a few quirked eyebrows or whatnot, leaving them with no idea what emotion I'm trying to show. Compare that with a picture of a dog with crestfallen ears and tucked tail ... you get the idea. Plus, fur coloration and species are wonderful crutches for someone like me, who can't individualize faces worth crap (a reason why my four roommates who look like me will probably not get into NeTrek).
I've gotta stop rambling, darnit.
--Sij
- Soap Soaperson
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
- Location: Florida
What Esoterik said. Furry-stuff is a style like any other one - manga, western, marvel...I could go on and on.Esoterik wrote:Dude... lighten up, okay? People like what they like.collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
Come on, there's no need to be rude.
Yay. | Yay Part II.
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
Well... I don't really do very much art these days. What time I have I waste reading other comics or drawing my own. What art does come out isn't all that much better than what I normally do - that is - Jhonen Vasquez-esque half-assed pencil sketches and doodles.
But here's a strip that I think turned out very well: complete with lots of shading and things!
But here's a strip that I think turned out very well: complete with lots of shading and things!
- Soap Soaperson
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
- Location: Florida
AW, HELL NAW! This person wins.
Yay. | Yay Part II.
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
















