* ponders * hmmmm. well the very first fans I had were personal friends. If you go into my guestbook you can see them when they signed the guestbook WAY back in the day ( 1999 early..)
Some of the notable ones I remember:
Frostbite
Jack T Robyn
Carrot
Time Angel
Bryan Wong of Seasons of Constancy before he had that comic. I found his sig in my guestbook WAY back in July of 2000.
Doggard
Flashbird
Trenovoium
AtmanRyu of Surreal Kins
Skonar
Kobrin ( actually based a character on him..)
I think the first fanart I got was from Frostbite.
There is actually only about three on this list I don't know where they are or if they read the comic still. The rest I know still do.
~Purrs
**Zuri**
Werewolves, Vampires, and Puppet shows! <A href="http://shifters.keenspace.com"> Shifters: The Beast Within</a>
<a href="http://shifters.keenspace.com"></a>
I suppose my earliest fans were relatives, and the hard-core denizens of a Usenet group I post to. Some of them may have even read the comic before I moved to Keenspace.
I've gotten several Tagboard compliments, and some much-apprieciated art from fellow Keenspacers, but I don't think I've ever gotten an actual out-the-blue fan letter.
The first person to ever say something nice about our strip was Jamie. *Huggles* And our first fanmail came from a girl named MaryBeth who we still keep in touch with. We actually plan on meeting her sometime soon seeing as how the three of us go to the same college now. Can't remember the first person to link to us, though...
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...
JPSloan wrote:Heh... I was a Coolville fan prior to drawing my own comic. I remember that much (though I breezed in at your 6 month mark).
And when you started Sawdust, you emailed me and asked if I had any link banners you could use! I then made some that looked like refried ass, because I didn't have the proper programs or know-how at that point.
(that reminds me...I have IS banners I should probably finish woking on...I'm a bannerslacker)
It was also within that first year that I met Justin, and the rest is history.
Warren wrote:I had a guy who read the entire archive late one night... back then only a few hundred comics, and wrote me to tell me how he annoyed his fiancee by doing so.
i'm working my way thru the archive now... it's a biiiiiiiiiiiiig read these days.
my first linker from the comic world was reinder from rocr!
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves! Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!
I haven't really had any fan letters... my first fan was probably my IRL best friend, who would read my comic as I drew it, and made the transition to the internet soon thereafter. I am still unsure as to whether he actually likes it or if he's just reading it because we've been friends since, like forever.
But my first link was with Pimpette. Laurel rawks!
Well besides my friends and coworkers, I think my first fan was Rodrigo. I found him linking my comic and I think he's still the only person to ever link to my comic.. my first piece of fan art was from Cortland, and that was also my first fanmail. Sadly this is all recent, so I can't forget yet.
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
JPSloan wrote:Heh... I was a Coolville fan prior to drawing my own comic. I remember that much (though I breezed in at your 6 month mark).
And when you started Sawdust, you emailed me and asked if I had any link banners you could use! I then made some that looked like refried ass, because I didn't have the proper programs or know-how at that point.
(that reminds me...I have IS banners I should probably finish woking on...I'm a bannerslacker)
It was also within that first year that I met Justin, and the rest is history.
And around the one year mark, I saw O Brother Where Art Thou, and went ape-poopie on that hobo fanart.
When Intershadows banners are available... let me know.
My first multple-letters kind of fan was actually a friend of mine's mom. Considering the subject matter of my comic, I was pretty surprised that my biggest fan was nearing the age of sixty. Too bad my dad thinks it sucks.
As far as my first link goes, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm thinking it's Blahsville.
First and only fan. Two years ago Gloria Pike (then Higginbottom) of Untitled pimped me, it was a nice feeling while it lasted. One never to be repeated again... Ever... ;-;
I'm not sure whether I should thank you or damn the day I was born. I was just changing my schedule to "Sketch'o Mondays", ie, no more comics for a while / hiatus. Nobody will stick around for a hiatus! >.< Looks like I better stick to updating comics... Damn you for foiling my lazy! Damn yo~~u!
I'm not sure whether I should thank you or damn the day I was born. I was just changing my schedule to "Sketch'o Mondays", ie, no more comics for a while / hiatus. Nobody will stick around for a hiatus! >.< Looks like I better stick to updating comics... Damn you for foiling my lazy! Damn yo~~u!
And just think... I'm currently experiencing a surge in traffic from Ghastly's Wild Ride.