Text On Images

Postby Gopher on Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:45 am

It works fine for me, too. My guess is that somebody out there is trying to use Nutscrape 4.x, which is extremely broken when it comes to stylesheets. The fix to this would be to redo everything in the old, braindead fashion with spacer images and tables used for exact placement of things. Be careful, though, NS craps out on some table stuff, too. The moral of this story is that supporting old Netscape is a less than good idea unless you're a masochistc. Or a pedant. I'll see if I can toss together an HTML 4.1 compliant implementation of your design after I finish my CS assignment. NS handles enough of CSS1 to get by.
Gopher
Regular Poster

Postby MisterIrony on Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gopher:
<B>It works fine for me, too. My guess is that somebody out there is trying to use Nutscrape 4.x, which is extremely broken when it comes to stylesheets. The fix to this would be to redo everything in the old, braindead fashion with spacer images and tables used for exact placement of things. Be careful, though, NS craps out on some table stuff, too. The moral of this story is that supporting old Netscape is a less than good idea unless you're a masochistc. Or a pedant. I'll see if I can toss together an HTML 4.1 compliant implementation of your design after I finish my CS assignment. NS handles enough of CSS1 to get by.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks, Gopher! I've forgotten to thank you for all the other stuff you've helped me out with, so thank you there too!
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Postby MisterIrony on Fri Sep 14, 2001 11:02 am

Recently I've been getting some complaints that some of the comics in the archives are covered up by images. I tried to look into this, but I see no problems on my end. Can anyone help me out, here?
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Postby MisterIrony on Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:22 am

Right, so I change all the layers with tables instead, so I hope all you Netscape users can see better now!
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Return to Sandwich World