Page 1 of 1
Status report?
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:11 pm
by Hustlertwo
Seems you guys have had some forum issues. Will the other ones be back up any time soon (as in before or during the nomination period), or would you rather avoid having to deal with the deluge of spammers? I had originally done the usual 'post to alert people that I'm a whore for nominations' (vote Nuclear Powered Toaster for Best Newcomer and Best Sci-Fi, kids!) in the appropriate forum, but with this now being the sole repository for all things related to the awards, I don't imagine you'd want to see the forum cluttered with a bunch of one sentence look-at-me posts, and instead keep it clear for actual discussion of the contest, once it's underway.
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:08 am
by Zortic
Yup, unfortunately the spam became too much to make those forums useful to anyone. I'm sorry we needed to revert to a single forum, but I think it may help everyone keep their discussions on track.
But we've never really had a problem with self promotion. For the most part those "look at me" posts just tend to be ignored and filter down the list anyway. So they're not too much of an issue. Personally I recommend using your post to recommend a series of nomination for each category (sure you can include yourself), but the more titles you talk about the more discussion you'll generate and the more people will look at your post.
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 am
by Hustlertwo
Sounds like a plan. Of course, first I'll need to actually sit down and figure out what comics I want to nominate in each category. If I remember correctly, you must nominate three in any category which you do nominate, right? But you do not have to nominate in all categories for your noms to count?