Page 1 of 1

Outstanding Newcomer

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:28 pm
by Terotrous
What is the last calendar date a comic could have started to be eligeable for this category?

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:27 am
by William G
I can't speak for the comittee, but I was assuming that it was anything that started in 2004, so that's how I voted

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:50 am
by Brideau
I was under the impression that it was anything started in the past year as of May 8th. Otherwise none of the comics I nominated count...then again, they'll all be eligable next year.

With a catagory like this one that is so Time sensitive (Along with New Character design) they really should attach some sort of boundry to it.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:15 am
by Zortic
We have left this a little vague, but in the past we've always allowed comics that go all the way back to January 1st of the previous year (in this case 1/1/2004). That way there's a safe buffer to include everyone and it's a much more rounded date then May 8th.

However, if a comic came out in Febuary of 2005 and gets a newcomer award this year, it won't be eligable to win again next year as a newcomer.

I hope this helps.
Mark Mekkes