I miss this place

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)
Halo299
Cartoon Hero

I miss this place

Post by Halo299 »

i was thinking about it today, not for the first time. But i really miss this place.

I know some of you still pop in from time to time, and i am friends with many of you on Facebook (if not ask me to add you), but this was one of my favorite places on the internet back in the day. I felt like i could talk about anything here, and get an intelligent (or at least honest) reply. This was really a great group of people.

I haven't been able to find that anywhere else.

miss you guys.

Churba
Cartoon Hero

Re: I miss this place

Post by Churba »

I agree. While the Geeknights forum is what we jokingly call the "Ivory Tower of the internet", it's just not as...free as here, even if the only rules are for proper grammar and spelling. There's the Flipside and LAdead forums, but they're not as good old dirty and fun as here.

Yeah. I really do miss all y'all.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.

Illithid Tentacles
Regular Poster

Post by Illithid Tentacles »

Yeah... I miss it myself. I wasn't around as long as some of you guys (while the comic was still being updated.) I feel like I kinda missed out.
It is very dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Churba
Cartoon Hero

Post by Churba »

I don't think that guy misses it very much.

Edit - this was in response to a spam post which is now deleted.
Last edited by Churba on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

I miss the glory days too...
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

That's... the longest spam post I've ever seen. o_O

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Detective Clem
Regular Poster

Post by Detective Clem »

Ah, yes. It was a simpler time.
Bukkakeing on chalk outlines the world over. Let's see Grissom and his bugs explain that one!

Churba
Cartoon Hero

Post by Churba »

It's almost poetic, in it's own way.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

I miss this place too, and doing the comic.

I'm kept very busy these days though and the theatre community has become very grateful for my talents but I do want to get back into comics again someday.

Churba
Cartoon Hero

Post by Churba »

Well, Ghastly, I think I can say that we've all stuck around and stuck with you this long, and no matter how long it is between now and whenever you start making comics again, We'll be there. Many of us have been here there a half-decade or longer, and we're always gonna be here for you, man.

ManaUser
Cartoon Hero

Post by ManaUser »

What Churba said.

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Churba wrote:Well, Ghastly, I think I can say that we've all stuck around and stuck with you this long, and no matter how long it is between now and whenever you start making comics again, We'll be there. Many of us have been here there a half-decade or longer, and we're always gonna be here for you, man.
Hear, hear!

~Mavis Leyrer

Zeldas_lapdog

Post by Zeldas_lapdog »

You know, I've never joined a web comic fan base. I've never been moved by anything so much as to desire to join the community and that probably makes me a horrid fan in alot of ways. I'm not a man of many words and I generaly even avoid reading these things. I'm more than a little late to the party but here I am. Ghastly, your comic was the one time I can honestly say I loved the characters. I never knew what to expect with them. You kept me laughing and guessing at every turn. I would come home from work after every bad day and I would read one of the strips, as dorky as this sounds, and it would cheer me up not matter what. I still catch myself doing that even after all of this time. I have no way of knowing if you will get to read this and maybe this is something I should have just e-mailed. But in a way I needed to write this here because I've never supported anything like this. While I know my support is late, thank you. Thank you sincearly from the bottom of my heart for all of the laughs you've given me over these long years. I hope one day you can continue if thats your desire, if it isn't then whatever road you travle down I hope that it is fair weather and peaceful. Once more I say thank you for all of the smiles that you brought in the past and the smiles it still brings. I've shown this comic to so many people I can't even count them all now. I will end on one last note, on a laugh hopefully because I think that is the most fitting tribute that I can give.

An orderly wheeled down a body to the morge where the mortichian worked huming a jolly tune. The orderly made a face and said "It takes a real ghoul to go about such dark work in such a happy manner". The mortichian looked up smiling and said "Oh i'm not a ghoul. People in my profession simply think differently". The orderly laughed and said "and how do you think?". The mortichian smiled and replied "Well for example I was eating chinese food with my friend the other day and my fortune cookie read 'you will touch the hearts of many'. To some that means you will bring joy to others life. I thought to myself 'damn... another busy week'."

Thank you for all of the laughs, I hope I managed to bring you one small one in return.

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Haha, funny joke! Welcome to the forum, even if it's only for a single post. :) I'm sure Unca Ghastly will see it.

~Mavis Leyrer

Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Post by Infinity-Iz-Blue »

GGC forum is where I cut my virtual teeth, so to speak. Never could a fledgling Netizen ask for a more open, honest and friendly place to get acquainted with the whackiness of the 'nets. The fact that Unka-G's work is wonderful in and of itself just made the whole experience beyond wonderful.

I owe the entire community a debt of gratitude and friendship (even, no especially, the ones that called me down for being a moron more than once) that I'm not sure I'll ever have an opportunity to repay. I mourn the passing of the forum, and remember the glory days with affection and a misty-eyed nostalgia a young person has no real right to experience. I hope against hope that GGC forum will live again.

I miss you all.
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'

Jpnadia
Regular Poster

Post by Jpnadia »

While I don't miss the days of getting little done in real life due to excessive forum use, I miss the people, the sense of community.
Churba wrote:Well, Ghastly, I think I can say that we've all stuck around and stuck with you this long, and no matter how long it is between now and whenever you start making comics again, We'll be there. Many of us have been here there a half-decade or longer, and we're always gonna be here for you, man.
Yes. This.
kingofthemorlocks wrote:Pardon me, my parents are having sex. Now, where did I put that broom...?
I'M HERE TO LEARN HOW TO KICK ASS FROM UNCLE GHASTLY.

PopeMac
Regular Poster

Post by PopeMac »

I missed this place, so I came back.

Had some good times here. Encountered opinions and ideas that I otherwise would not have been exposed to. My time here probably had a reasonably large impact on my slow transition from Pontifex to godless heathen.

Also, tentacles.
99 Duesenflieger
Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft
Und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht
Dabei schoss man am Horizont
Auf 99 Luftballons

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Being a godless Pope is still a valid option. ;) Glad to see you around! :D

~Mavis Leyrer

Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Post by Infinity-Iz-Blue »

Yup, always nice to see returning members. Also, we have some shiny new art on the front page! Truly our faith is being rewarded... the time of restoration is at hand. :twisted:
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'

PopeMac
Regular Poster

Post by PopeMac »

Being a godless Pope is still a valid option.
Yeah, but I got tired of pontificating. Now I just whip out the title when I feel the urge to tell someone "Bitch, I'm the pope."

At any rate, I'm glad to see that people are still around. And new art, even! Seems like a good time to return.
99 Duesenflieger
Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft
Und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht
Dabei schoss man am Horizont
Auf 99 Luftballons