Dead creator- IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Dead creator- IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Postby JesIdres on Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:36 am

Okay, folks, the reason for no new comics this week is because A) I had to come home, and B) I'm really, really, sick. In fact, yesterday, I spent over 21 hours in bed, and I'm stil tired. So I'll try and play catch up next week, but I won't have a scanner, and I'll be on a 56kp modem.

So sleepy....want to go back and dream about tom riddle....snzzzzzz.
JesIdres
Regular Poster

Postby Tarsier on Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:33 pm

First, get better, then worry about getting comics up, OK? If worse comes to worst on the scanner thing just get guest strips to fill in. . . *shrug* seems I have some time to draw one if you need it. :lol: Not like my comic is going anywhere too soon. :wink:
Tarsier
Regular Poster

Postby Siece on Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:31 pm

I hope you're feeling better soon.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one whom life has kicked in the teeth recently. Due to heavy class loads, unexpectedly finding myself re-involved with my ex-wife, and a whole bunch of other junk that you probably don't care about[1], I only just got back from having to take a whole semester off of reading webcomics, and their associated forums. I'm still not even a quarter of the way through the 'Really Good'[2] folder, and it looks like half of my cartoonists decided to go on long-term hiatuses while I was gone, and the ones who haven't almost univserally have multi-week buffers built up so that their life can go to Hell for relatively long periods of time without it affecting the comic.

[1]As if anyone but me cared about the first two, even...

[2]In case you were wondering, my bookmarks for web comics are sorted (mostly) by quality. In descending order of how I'm catching up, and how I read them, the folders (with the occassional marker to give you an idea of what makes it to each) are:
'Read First' (Not really a quality grade...Mostly comics drawn/written by personal friends, although a few comics like User Friendly have made it there via wierd quantum properties).
'Very Good' (The top notch stuff. Y&Y is here)
'Good'
'Kinda Good' (The web presence of the very best newspaper comics are here)
'OK' (about on par with most of what you read in the newspapers. From here on, I probably won't bother to read the archives to catch up ever, bacause storyline is distinctly lacking.)
'When I have Time'
'When I'm Bored' (These ones pretty much suck, but if I've got nothing better to do...)
'When I'm *Really* Bored' (Scraping the bottom of the barrel, but I might need to find [or more likely, avoid finding]them again.)
'Ended' (Again, not a quality class. Sometimes I like to read the archives, though, and sometimes they even re-start.)
Siece
Regular Poster

Location: Gully Foyle is my name/and Terra is my nation./The stars are my dwelling place/Death my destination.

Return to Yin & Yang