Aw, c'mon, that was pretty creepy, wasn't it?

Aw, c'mon, that was pretty creepy, wasn't it?

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:03 am

Nobody even batted an eyelash.

I got all goosebumpy when *I* first envisioned ASCII prying open her eye like that. :roll:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kesh on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:44 am

It was creepy enough I didn't want to say anything. :shucks:

Yes, the whole eyeball thing creeps me out. I've taken to clicking on the "Opinions" link as quickly as possible since that went up. ;) It's quite effective.
Kesh
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:27 pm

I guess I am not very easily creeped out. Rather, this seems a strange, but useful way to leave a note.

And:

"your" in the third panel needs to be "yours"

*grins* This is what happens when you invite closer scrutiny to your artwork. That said, good job on the eye. I do love the limited splashes of color we get now and again.

- Jarylan "The eyes have it!"
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:49 pm

Note to self:

SPELLCHECK IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR PROOFREADING!!!!!!!!

:o

I wanted to draw Rhonda's eye swirling with the brown color but I don't want to reduce the relative impact of much, much later strips when animation is used to specific ends.

I have a very strict set of rules for how I use color, and I'm in the process of formulating some for when I use animation. In a sense, UH2 is my first graphic novel, I'm realizing. Of course it still has what in a graphic novel would be accurately called an "irritating staccato joke track" but which here is vital to keeping the comic fun from day to day.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cyril_Dran on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:07 pm

I've become immunized to weird stuff like that. When you watch Silent Hill the movie and cheer for the pyramid dude, stuff like that happens. No number of eerie eyeballs is going to unnerve me, because I've already been unnerved by worse. That being said, were that my first time seeing something of the like, that would have hella creeped me out.
All fear the RP character from the completely private RP ^_^.
Current psuedonym/RP character count: 25
-Adding a touch of sanity, or insanity, where needed to balance the flow. .... Nah, I just like playing devil's advocate ^_^
Cyril_Dran
Regular Poster

Postby Tetramorpheus on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:26 pm

I suppose, while creepy, it didn't invoke comment for two reasons

1. While creepy, it doesn't nessecarily open up much speculation or comment for me... there's nothing revelatory or plot changing in it in or of itself, though it is an excellent set up in an of itself.

2. I've come to expect ASCII to exhibit... shall we say abnormal social behaviour? While creepiness was a factor, its also, "Oh. Well, most people wouldn't think like that, but I guess its a perfectly viable usage, and we've seen a certain sociopathy in ASCII before.
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Maybe I shoulda had her eye completely filled in with swirly browns...

Eh, I say, EH!

Suffice to say I have so much evil involving ASCII planned it's not even funny. But it will be. Oh yes it will be...

:twisted:

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby The_Fox on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:07 am

allan_ecker wrote:
Suffice to say I have so much evil involving ASCII planned it's not even funny. But it will be. Oh yes it will be...

Awwww...why ya pickin' on the android?

- Jarylan "Machines have feelings too! Well, especially, ASCII, but I meant in general..."
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby DetailBear on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:33 pm

Am I to understand that the strip went up a DAY EARLY? Hmmmm? :o :cry:
HUGS = Huge, Unrestrained, Genial Squeezings.

A man’s accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail. - John Foster Dulles
DetailBear
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:09 pm

Well, I *am* updating at 9PM Pacific time the *previous* day now. I figured it'd help out the conversation since people'd be awake and possibly on the internet when the comic updates.

*shrug*

Oh. And that means the new comic for Friday's due in an hour or so...

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby DetailBear on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Ok. So now I'm really confused, since I thought the eyeball strip was Friday's (tomorrow's) strip being posted early Thursday, since it wasn't up on Tuesday at noon when I went to the site. Tonight was the first I saw it.

So I apologize for the 'Hmmmm', Allan. I also missed the posting time change, so midnight EST will be swinging around soon and I might get back on track, maybe.
HUGS = Huge, Unrestrained, Genial Squeezings.

A man’s accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail. - John Foster Dulles
DetailBear
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 am

Heh. No, I just waited a little while extra before complaining about a lack of comments. Although I suspect comments are going to be fairly light over the break due to many people visiting limited-access relatives, even though Tuesday's comic should raise more than a few eyebrows if I've done it right.

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Return to Umlaut House