Meep. : Busted

Meep. : Busted

Postby E_voyager on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:58 pm

well I'm sure we all knew they would be busted before they began but she sent dad to break them up? that's like adding a lecture to a warning.
" and now before you go off ad become tempted by all of this I'll tell you why it should temped you and how you'll react and why we'll punishing you"
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Postby GreatLimmick on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:59 am

I didn't think Volair could do "stern". Apparently, parenthood does change a person.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:02 am

That's not a look I expected to see from Volair. I'm a little confused, but I suspect once Volair gets speaking lines we shall see why he looks so stern.

- Jarylan
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Aki_no_kaze on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:22 am

I agree with The_Fox, i would have expected a more amused "Busted" look from Volair.

roll on next Teusday so we can see why :)
Aki_no_kaze
Regular Poster

Postby Fluffdrgn on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:38 am

isn't that the "you've been down there for hours now, and you STILL haven't gone all the way?"-look ... adding "you're sure you're my son?" is optional.
carpe filum - Seize the thread
"no worries =^_^="
Fluffdrgn

Postby Shurhaian on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:42 am

That... doesn't look like it, Fluff. It really, truly looks like Volair is pissed.

Which, him being him, is... perplexing. Agreed with the above: that is definitely not a look I expected to see from him.

And I'm not sure how Pierce expected to keep all this secret from his mother. Maybe he just doesn't know she's in the same building at this time. But that's iffy.

Which brings to mind a question: Did they do <i>something else</i> that's causing this apparent parent ire?
Shurhaian
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:02 am

I tinkered with Volair's expression a LOT.

Still not sure I got it quite right. Oh well, I guess that's what his speaking lines later are for. :roll:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fluffdrgn on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:50 am

... or it could be that neither are the age of consent?
whenever that is.. (here it's 15, but I think it's 18 in the US?)
carpe filum - Seize the thread
"no worries =^_^="
Fluffdrgn

Postby Tetramorpheus on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:53 am

::goes back to examine the comic before posting::

I'd say... cool. Outwardsly. It lacks the cruelty or offense to be truely cold, and the raised eyebrows seem to indicate an espression other than anger, but the eyes here are stonefaced enough that he's definately being and Adult dealing with Children (part of which being not revealing all his cards)

Its possible that he's pissed in the cards we're not seeing shown, but I'm not certain that call can be made... have we ever seen Volaire pissed and/or angered before? It would affect the kind of hiding he'd have to do.
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby Alfador on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:33 pm

Betcha he passes out condoms.
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017
Alfador
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tetramorpheus on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Fluffdrgn wrote:... or it could be that neither are the age of consent?
whenever that is.. (here it's 15, but I think it's 18 in the US?)

In America? 18 in general, though with a healthy dose of 16 scattered through it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Consent.png
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby Aki_no_kaze on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:52 pm

Alfador wrote:Betcha he passes out condoms.

that, or teusday he gives them three more pannels of the evil eye then burst out laughing :)
Aki_no_kaze
Regular Poster

Postby E_voyager on Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:57 pm

i'm still not sure whats on his mind but i'm enjoying the suspense i get form what i see.
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Postby Catsby on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:53 pm

Father, son, and boyfriend. If this is going the BetterDays way (you know what I mean!) I might have to gouge my eyes out! :o

Aieee! :oops:
Eek, it's the moocows!
Catsby

Postby Cinni on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:39 pm

I don't think that Volair is upset at all.

Although he might tell them off for thinking they'd need to hide it. :)

"Half the school as watched you two tongue-wrestle, trying to keep it a secret from anyone at this point is kind of silly."

Cinni
Cinni
Regular Poster

Postby Tetramorpheus on Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:26 pm

This may have been brought up before, but this comic made it stick out in my mind...

Does anyone else wonder what Alex's home situation is like? For the future where "Being gay isn't even that big a deal" and the priest wonders what kind of reaction Jake and Rick were expecting to their asking to be married to each other (already long past by this point), Alex seems to have jumped onto a defensive stand quickly. And while even then homosexuality/bisexuality is said to be, "fatal in high school", I found it perhaps puzzling... perhaps because such reactions are typically alien to me. I just am forced to wonder, given his nerves on occasion, exactly what his parents and family think of his orientation.

My apologies... I know by reference things like this have been touchy on occasion, so if this was already dealt with excessively on another thread, could someone let me know when it was?
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 pm

There are a number of areas where my effort to tell a story that relates to me REALLY SLAMS FACE FIRST INTO THE DATE.

It's supposed to be 2040, but I'm telling a story that relates to my 1990's high school education. DISCONTINUITY.

I'm just going to have to accept the issues with all this, in the end.

But: you do have a point in that Alex's reactions to everything, and how this must relate to his home life, are going to matter.

Not in the way you're thinking, I suspect, however... :twisted:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Catsby wrote:Father, son, and boyfriend. If this is going the BetterDays way (you know what I mean!) I might have to gouge my eyes out! :o

Aieee! :oops:

Now I sincerely doubt it will come as a spoiler that I won't be doing this to you. However you have foolishly revealed your weakness...

Mwa ha ha ha..

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby GreatLimmick on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:59 pm

allan_ecker wrote:There are a number of areas where my effort to tell a story that relates to me REALLY SLAMS FACE FIRST INTO THE DATE.

It's supposed to be 2040, but I'm telling a story that relates to my 1990's high school education. DISCONTINUITY.

There are people around here still living in the 1950's, at least as far as race relations are concerned. Trust me, having a few people around who are still upset by homosexuality, even in 2040, isn't all that unbelievable.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby DetailBear on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 pm

allan_ecker wrote:It's supposed to be 2040, but I'm telling a story that relates to my 1990's high school education.

I didn't think it was the "gay" facet that was scaring Pierce, I thought it was the "making out in your room underage" facet that had him worried. Or the "if Mom finds out, we're going to get the 'Life cycle of a venereal disease' multi-media presentation again" facet.
HUGS = Huge, Unrestrained, Genial Squeezings.

A man’s accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail. - John Foster Dulles
DetailBear
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Umlaut House