Walkabout, a NaNoWriMo Graphic Novel

Walkabout, a NaNoWriMo Graphic Novel

Postby Allan_ecker on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:06 am

Those of you not reading teh LiveJournal may be missing out on loads of comics, but I've ended up basically posting my National Novel Writing Month submission to a different LJ community alltogether, so I've set up a webpage for it:

http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com/walkabout.htm

Actually a number of these little suckers are likely to show up over the next few years. The plan for this one is to do four pages a day for 30 days for a grand total of 120 pages. Yes, I'm either crazy, or going to be by December. Wish me luck! XD

EDIT: Oh and I stuck Trickster here:
http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com/trickster.htm
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Alfador on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:50 am

GOODETH LUCKETH!
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017
Alfador
Cartoon Hero

Postby E_voyager on Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:57 am

indeed I wish you the BEST of luck.
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 pm

<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cyril_Dran on Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:17 pm

It's shaping up beautifully, Allan, although a little linear for my personal tastes.. I'm used to plots within plots and multiple storylines, all weaving into one huge "holy crap, they ARE all related!" at the end... but with a comic, especially one under the clock like this one, that can't really be expected.

On a more positive note.. you put JUST the right amount of cliche into the conversation between John and his grandfather, making it amusing to read.. which is important, as exposition hardly ever lends itself to interesting visuals either, hinging the comic upon the actual writing rather than pure drawing talent.. The drawing enhances it, but the real work shines through in the way the characters are able to go back and forth at each other, and manage to express the familiarity between family. Even if I had simply picked up the comic at that page and read it without any backstory, it would have been obvious that the two knew each other just from how they talked to each other...

I'm rambling again. I'm off to go douse myself before I end up in a full blown rant on art vs. plot and the importance thereof...
All fear the RP character from the completely private RP ^_^.
Current psuedonym/RP character count: 25
-Adding a touch of sanity, or insanity, where needed to balance the flow. .... Nah, I just like playing devil's advocate ^_^
Cyril_Dran
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Okay, let me say one thing:

Heroine addict is to his next needle as Allan is to Comments on his Work.

That said, yeah, the artwork definitely isn't the thing holding this comic together, although I like to think the establishing shot for Grandfather's office was a damn good pic.

As for things being linear and not locking together... well, gimmie a few dozen pages :twisted:

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby E_voyager on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:46 pm

i'll say this you have this one hooked . this story is some sweet bait and some hot it does not have me trying to guess the pattern of the story arc " that is really unusual for me" . i await the next update with it's portal set in my memory bank or something like that.
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Return to Umlaut House