Second Great Escape?

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.
That guy
Cartoon Hero

Post by That guy »

I'm in... and I wouldn't feel too bad if it were just a crossover among a small, hearty bunch of us.

~Will

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

I'm still interested.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

There was an idea that I had recently... I was just thinking about this thread and something came to my mind, some story that would be an oportunity for artists to mix up comics and characters, but nothing alike Damonk's story... Sadly, I forgot to post it back then, but now I forgot what it was.
Something along the line of, say, detective who investigates the murder and goes from a comic to comic to interrogate everyone who's somehow involved... or something like that, I really don't remember.

Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Post by Ti-Phil »

hmm, a murder case, but wouldn't all the comics need a link between each others? (Well, except being on keenspace of course... unless it's the keenspace server that died)
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

This might be silly but what a character from our comics got some sort of strange invitation and they all leave the perspective comics to meet up somewhere and comics could come together slowly as certain characters meet on the road... it could be long and have the invite turn out to be somthing deadly like a trap by some villian type guy.. or it could be a party, a show or a convention of some kind.

*shrugs*
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [AOD] »

Hey, while we're still deciding things, ought I to sign up for another Keenspace account and get the whole 'infrastructure' ready? Or maybe KeenEvents would be better?

If so, how do I 'host something on KeenEvents' anyway?

?~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

Kissingkerie1
Regular Poster

crossover possibilities

Post by Kissingkerie1 »

I love the murder case, but A) someone would have to die and B) we'd need a sort of Master Author to write all of it and keep track. Still, could be done.

I like the idea of it all leading to some massive get together, but someon's got to draw the thing, unless, we each draw our characters and have them "pasted" in to a scene. Someone would have to do that as well though.

Still, if we can work this out, I think it's a terrific idea, not only as a Keen Event, but also like the Comic Book Crossovers (Marvel, etc), a means to get more exposure for each site.

We can each do a strip that advances the story in some way. A Keenspace convention would be okay in comic form, though a mystery of some sort would have more pizazz!

Everytime I try to expand a horizon, the Sun sets on it.

Carlin
...or Crossfire

Post by Carlin »

Or it could be done much in the same way the Keenspace Sitcom and Cluedo are being done. http://spacejams.keenspace.com/ is the place where these and more can be found at. In fact it is entirely possible to do it exactly in this manner. Post the comic in the forum, other comicer makes new comic to follow that, yet another makes comic to follow that one, ect. ect..

Again, just ideas, but this just might work.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

I think it would be fun to start with one character and then that character meets another.. and that character meet another.. and its all sort of random the person drawing it picks who is next and the person who's introduced draws the next one..

course I'm sure in theory it sounds a lot better than in practice cause if someone decides not to do one were all stuck in water...

Another way would be we break into groups of two and three and we make stories of our characters "parties"(which could be seperated into people who do dailies and people who are less consistant like us weekly types) getting to whereever then at the convention or what ever we could always have someone draw backgrounds and us all draw in our characters.

just some ideas.

Not damonk
Regular Poster

Post by Not damonk »

I think reindeer is right. I can't really finish up my storyline very soon, as I've got a buffer that goes straight on through next month! At the very earliest, September or October. Besides, we need to plan out what we'll do and such. I still haven't gotten feedback from Damonk about how the first one was organised.

Still waiting.
Hm.

I don't think I ever got a letter from you about this, AOD. Then again, most of 2004 is a blur for me now, and I'm still trying to piece myself back again, not to mention start up my drawing, so maybe I did get it...?

But yeah, long story short (in a thread-necromantic sort of way), organizing this thing was insane. Every thing that could have possibly have gone wrong seemed to do so, and as a result, it was nowhere near as great an event as it had been envisioned.

And that was with more than five months of preparation and writing in advance! :o

I totally believe that if you go for a huge crossover, though, you have to be able to give a plausible plot reason for it to work/happen. The only reason that I wrote the event was because it was very much a part of the story I had (and still have) for my webcomic.

I have only been a part of two other crossover events, and honestly, though they were fun, I have to admit that I regret at least one of them and have turned down a LOT of other ones because they were being done for the sake of doing a crossover. And that, in my wacky Acadian mind, just doesn't cut it as a good reason to do one.

(and the funny thing with me saying that is that I actually have another very large event planned that will likely take place somewhere down the road... but you didn't hear that yet)

And with all that said, since this thread is months old, I'm guessing that the idea didn't fly?
"no. i only look like him, umm, i mean~~ never heard of the guy..."
~~not damonkNaught-Framed!!!
(EVIL lurks, and it sports a goatee!)

Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Post by Anywherebuthere »

sounds pretty keen.

I'm in.